New Daily Incoming Next Year....CLS55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wasn’t talking about the M6....I was talking about the S4. I’m sure the M6 would have blown me away...
Ah.... Sorry..... can't read! Yup I bet the BM and S4 are pretty evenly match so make sense now [emoji57]

Found one......incoming [emoji6]

Should be collecting Monday. Sorry to say it isn't an AMG [emoji24]

I tried so hard to get an AMG in but this just made a little bit more sense and seemed a better option for the moment.

Maybe a 218 CLS63 in a couple of years will work.

So what is it then?

Well I was caught in between 211/212 and 219/218 quandary. Wanted to move to a newer platform but their still a bit more than I wanted to spend. Still a bit of depreciation left to go.

I'm afraid to say a Jaguar. So comfy but still quick and fun to drive. Just a really nice place to spend time.

I still have the R129 SL though and wouldn't rule out another Merc if the right. thing came up at the right. price.

Sounds good Dean, what Jag is it? :)

What made you go for the XJ over a CLS 55 out of interest? Very different cars in many ways

Certainly see the XJ attraction!
I had an extended test drive in one whilst I was between an S class and the CLS. All the luxury of the S with the lighter weight of the CLS as the Jag is an all aluminium car.
I have some history with Jaguar racing so I was very tempted, but eventually went for the 'sensible' CLS....with Brabus upgrade.
Actually, the XJ has a very similar feel as the next generation CLS.....so I totally get it!
Enjoy:)

What made you go for the XJ over a CLS 55 out of interest? Very different cars in many ways
The XJ has IMHO a lovely high quality interior and a really special place to be back or front.

In the LWB there is tons of room front and back, it has a big boot and doesn't look too flashy.

It was a tough one as I really fancied a CLS55 but just wanted to go a bit more modern. I love the V8 Supercharged proposition so the XJ 5.0 Supercharged SuperSport fits that criteria to a tee.

Certainly see the XJ attraction!
I had an extended test drive in one whilst I was between an S class and the CLS. All the luxury of the S with the lighter weight of the CLS as the Jag is an all aluminium car.
I have some history with Jaguar racing so I was very tempted, but eventually went for the 'sensible' CLS....with Brabus upgrade.
Actually, the XJ has a very similar feel as the next generation CLS.....so I totally get it!
Enjoy:)
Thanks....I will. Drove back from collecting silly early this morning and it was a joy. To have a car like this average the right side of 30mpg was a very impressive and unexpected surprise.

It has much more of a bark than I expected with a few pops and crackles thrown into the bargain. Such a well judged all round proposition.

It feels like a car 500kg lighter even though it is still quite heavy. There isn't many cars I have driven of this ilk that manage to achieve this so successfully.

Wouldn't want to have bought it new at 107k!
a97839372daaf207720d4d1280db78e9.jpg
f461f00a9c5b7e93c7e6421bc1a4cf5e.jpg
80b86ebc4bb3b17c0e20c131a32df25c.jpg
978091cf7b7c6991466d8e9a4c73ed96.jpg
40d8fc783a210f3e507d845129fc6558.jpg

And yet you list a dozen or more vehicles in your details......;)

I like my cars and have 7.....is that an issue? I'm not bragging about it.....it is what it is. I work very hard to have saved the money to buy them and work very hard to keep them. I don't really see this as showing off.

I like my cars and have 7.....is that an issue? I'm not bragging about it.....it is what it is. I work very hard to have saved the money to buy them and work very hard to keep them. I don't really see this as showing off.

No offence intended. Yes we all work hard to buy nice things. I simply found it ironic that you say you don't like to show off and yet list every vehicle you have ever owned.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair - it is asking you what cars you have.

If you have multiple cars, then that's what you have.

Lovely looking Jag Dean!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom