New Daily Incoming Next Year....CLS55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I want to love the XJ, I really do. But it's hard when you have to drive with your head out of the sunroof. :(

How can such a big car have so little headroom?

To be fair - it is asking you what cars you have.

If you have multiple cars, then that's what you have.
'Car:' but I take your point.

This morning the signature listed all currently and previously owned cars and as stated, I found it funny as the gent had implied that he is modest about things.......

No offence intended. Yes we all work hard to buy nice things. I simply found it ironic that you say you don't like to show off and yet list every vehicle you have ever owned.;)

I can't quite agree that we all work hard to buy nice things. I know plenty of people that don't work that hard. However that is their choice and each to their own.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I am far from a show off and very much the other end of the scale. I have taken then offending signature off so hopefully you can sleep better tonight ;)

Those few were certainly not every car I have ever owned. There have been a ton more than that I'm afraid to say.

It often just stimulates some discussion for others when looking to share opinions on cars you have owned. It really doesn't bother me either way. I'm flattered that you found it worthy of comment.

I want to love the XJ, I really do. But it's hard when you have to drive with your head out of the sunroof. :(

That is interesting. Was it the 2010 X351 XJ you tried or the previous X300/308/350 models? I know the previous models weren't blessed with tons of head room but I find the X351 to have plenty. I have my seat about halfway up and have about 4 inches of headroom above my head. With the seat all the way down about 6 inches. Of course you may be very tall as I am bang on 6ft ;)

It was the 351. I'm an inch or 2 taller, but long in body (or short of leg), seat on the floor still has me through the sunroof looking out over the top of the screen. It's just that little bit less accommodating than the German competitors.

Last edited:
It was the 351. I'm an inch or 2 taller, but long in body (or short of leg), seat on the floor still has me through the sunroof looking out over the top of the screen. It's just that little bit less accommodating than the German competitors.
Shame.....the sunroof does seem to impact the height of the cabin a good few inches certainly. Never nice to have your head half in the sunroor area.

Maybe if I just drive it whenever the weather is good?

3F36239600000578-0-image-a-24_1492077930404.jpg

Bought it off Adam Weaver, Team Principal of the PowerMaxed BTTC Racing Team. Lovely guy and showed me all around his units up there. Should have taken some pics. Plenty of interesting rally, rallycross and other types of race cars being built, prepared and modified. There was a rally Fiesta with a 700bhp Cosworth 2.0 Turbo lump in it! Only £75k for the engine. A 700bhp+ Alpina and various others.

Had all the fabrication machines to custom make anything. They have a tie up with the local university with full access to high end 3D scanners and printers. They can even make up custom sleeved hoses/fuel lines etc. to match existing OEM or for custom applications. Also have their SteelSeal head gasket product and large range of car cleaning/valeting products they have developed themselves. Pretty impressive set up.

Interesting. I remember I started working for a new company (quite liderally in both respects) in 2003. The CEO had bought an X351 XJR. At the time, I had an interest in buying an X308 XJR. He did advise I sat in one as at late 5 foot, he was getting close to the roof on his previous X308 and he knew I was 6'4". I've never bothered to sit in any XJ as I've not got close enough to buy any XJ but I always wondered if the X351 had more room or not.

This morning the signature listed all currently and previously owned cars and as stated, I found it funny as the gent had implied that he is modest about things.......

I switched off signatures years ago now so I haven't seen them as long. I only see the section below the avatar which is what I thought you were referring to!

Wouldn't want to have bought it new at 107k!
a97839372daaf207720d4d1280db78e9.jpg
f461f00a9c5b7e93c7e6421bc1a4cf5e.jpg
80b86ebc4bb3b17c0e20c131a32df25c.jpg
978091cf7b7c6991466d8e9a4c73ed96.jpg
40d8fc783a210f3e507d845129fc6558.jpg
Very nice mate, like the wheels in that colour too, stops it from beginning to look like a chauffeurs car.

Even though it’s billed as an S-Class rival I’ve always seen the XJ as being sat between the E and the S and the XF between the E and C-Class, probably to how much tighter the chassis feel in the Jags.

Do love the back of the XJ’s too, such a unique look.

Very nice mate, like the wheels in that colour too, stops it from beginning to look like a chauffeurs car.
Thanks Lee. Believe it or not the body colour is Stratus Grey and is very very dark grey almost black. My BIL has a black XJ and you can notice it more next to his.

I wouldn't mind being chauffeured around in it anytime...lovely back there. Obviously better in the drivers seat though!

Thanks Lee. Believe it or not the body colour is Stratus Grey and is very very dark grey almost black. My BIL has a black XJ and you can notice it more next to his.
Same as my XFS, I love the colour, really changes with the weather:

(As can be seen by the grass, that was taken in the summer)

Same as my XFS, I love the colour, really changes with the weather:

(As can be seen by the grass, that was taken in the summer)
Very nice....the facelift XF's especially the S's look so much nicer than the earlier pre-facelift cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom