New Dairylea Spread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
It's just not cheesey! The old stuff was so much more cheese flavoured, the new 'improved' stuff is, just, not!

"Progress is deterioration" :wallbash:

The same with pretty much everything as time rolls on.

The bean-counters have the call (and get the large bonus) for saving 2p per unit.. 2p X 3,000,000 is a serious amount of cash.

I posted a similar thread here.

Arpund 28, years ago I bought a Sharp microwave oven (for Mrs Ringways parents) for £380.00 (with the benefit of a handsome discount from the UK main agents we worked with) and it lasted for maybe 23, years and was then sold in perfect working order for £25.00.

A new kitchen was the reason for the sale of the old microwave.

The obvious choice was another Sharp microwave. :thumb:

The new Sharp oven failed after 13, months. :wallbash:

They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Cheap imports is another cause of cost cutting. Either make a product cheaper or don't sell any. :rolleyes:

Bought some Maynards wine gums for the journey. HORRIBLE! tasteless things. They used to be nice.

It's just not cheesey! The old stuff was so much more cheese flavoured, the new 'improved' stuff is, just, not!

"Progress is deterioration" :wallbash:

I guarantee that the taste deterioration is because the manufacturer has bowed to pressure from nanny-state-health-nazi-tsar-quango and reduced the fat and salt content which would have been the things that made it taste good.

Ritz crackers used to be really good, the newer ones with "reduced salt but same great taste" are rubbish.

Bought some Maynards wine gums for the journey. HORRIBLE! tasteless things. They used to be nice.

Try Tescos own brand. Delicious. Best wine gums out there .......IMHO

WHS^
I find a lot of things don't taste anywhere near as good as they used to, smarties for example seem to have a slightly strange aftertaste, Spaghetti hoops from Heinz taste quite different, and Starbursts (formerly Opal Fruits) now taste quite different too. It's a real shame that these healthy eating groups have spoiled so many foods.

on a positive note Twiglets seem as good as ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom