New darker lamp clusters fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Fitted the darker Facelift style rear lamp clusters at the weekend, look great.

Below is a picture of the new one on the left, old on the right.

lights.jpg

Orignals are for sale BTW

Good one :cool: another job done on the update list eh? Makes quite a difference, I didn't think it'd be that noticeable but it is.

Was it an easy mod BBW?

S.

Yeah, easy enough, some screws were hard to unsrew and I manage to lose a nut forever in the rear panel.

£30+VAT each from Dronsfields Mercedes.

Its amazing how much crap builds up around the seals, good to give them a clean

Looks great! Not surprising really, we knew they would! :D
Originally posted by BBW
Its amazing how much crap builds up around the seals, good to give them a clean
I think oem facelift rear clusters have no seals. Rumours of post-DC-takeover are completely true it seems! ;)

Originally posted by Shude
Looks great! Not surprising really, we knew they would! :D

I think oem facelift rear clusters have no seals. Rumours of post-DC-takeover are completely true it seems! ;)

I mean the crap around the orignal seals, the lights were offical merc ones, they had the sticker etc.

I recommend anyone with pre-facelift ones to do the same.

Anyone on here have the very early 202's with the Orange tail lights?

Originally posted by BBW
I mean the crap around the orignal seals, the lights were offical merc ones, they had the sticker etc.
I know they were original, I just meant that I think on pre-facelift cars there was a seal, but there is no seal on facelift cars! Cheap or what? Pre-facelift, pre-takeover cars rule!
Originally posted by BBW
Anyone on here have the very early 202's with the Orange tail lights?
If there are...you MUST buy the two-tone pre-facelift taillights from BBW, and then SELL your multicoloured ones on USA ebay for a fortune! They love the orange indicator European look over there! Sell your front orange corners and side repeaters too! :D

What about the bulbs did you have to increase the wattage, did you use the same bulbs?I would have thought they wont be as bright if the lights were darker.

It looks great though.

Originally posted by hirbod
What about the bulbs did you have to increase the wattage, did you use the same bulbs?I would have thought they wont be as bright if the lights were darker.

It looks great though.

Erm, never thought about that, I did check them in the dark and they looked bright enough...

I would have thought that they were the same bulbs anyway

I almost lost my locking wheel key down that hole as well :O

Originally posted by KillerHERTZ

£30+VAT each from Dronsfields Mercedes.

I asked Dronsfield for a light unit for my E-class and was quoted £35 + vat + delivery for used units.
ECP was £28 + vat for O/s and £42 +vat for N/s for generic parts.
Local MB dealer was £37 + vat for MB part, and I can have discount bringing it down to £31 +vat.

Check your prices from Dronsfield.

mmm, I would have thought a rear light cluster from a dealer would be £100+...

:rolleyes:

MB parts are generally cheap. Dealers will often beat second line suppliers. For instance my auto box filter and seal was cheaper from local dealer than from ECP.

Complete light cluster set £123 from dealer for genuine, £128 from ECP for aftermarket.

New S Class 2003 rear lamp units complete with LEDs and bulbs already installed..... wait for it....only £83 from Whitefield Mercedes.
IMG_0214.jpg

£83 each or for a pair? I'm tempted to get some for dad's S.

Killahertz...

are your rear lights OEM? Do dronsfields have a website?
thanks!

£30+vat for 202, but £35+vat for 210?? How did they work that pricing out...

MB prices can be funny, sometimes surprisingly cheap, other times ridiculous!!

Ricky

Ive still got the pre facelift ones on mine, but i think they look better with the clear part as the car is solver!yours looks nice with the tinted back lights because of the dark color of your car!

called dronsfields....got a quote for OEM rear lenses.

£35+vat each.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom