New digital camera that you don't want to see.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Click Meh.

Courtesy of the BBC.

'With traditional cameras, using film which can run out, motorists hope they can get away with speeding.

But the new digital version sends images along a phone line to a Metropolitan Police centre in Kent.

And fines can be sent out within 24 hours. '
:crazy:

A news story to warm the cockles of your heart. NOT.

S.

:eek!!!! In a tunnel!!! - how are our GPS detectors going to cope with that ?!

<makes note to self..... avoid tunnels !!!>

Originally posted by sym
:eek!!!! In a tunnel!!! - how are our GPS detectors going to cope with that ?!

<makes note to self..... avoid tunnels !!!>

Went through a tunnel today and realised the R.Angel went dead after a few secs.

:mad:

At least Blackspot will probably program our devices to warn us before we enter tunnels that have cameras. Good enough for me. That reminds me - must update mine now.........

You guys need radar detectors too ;)

Originally posted by fuzzer

I know where my local McDonalds and BP station are, don't need an annoying beep from 30 yards away thanks ;)

Except radar detectors are no good when the camera works on detectors fitted in the road (because the signal would be distorted in a tunnel.

Just one question for the techies here - is it possible to prove 100% that a digital image has not been altered? I know that this can be done with film (so there is no worry with continuity of evidence) but I can not find any cases where a digital image has been enough to convict ON ITS OWN.

Oh. and is it possible to scramble a digital image with a good electro magnet?

:bannana:

is specs not already digital video ?

Believe so.

I have have seen some radar jammers about for the car,wonder if that will do the trick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom