New driving licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they have been on strike for quite a while now. Ongoing industrial action at DVLA We are waiting on a license extension for my Dad & it has been ages(February 2021). Good luck.

I think it’s only certain departments within DVLA, I have changed/altered 4 V5’s over the past three weeks and they have all been returned within days.

We just moved house (August 19th) - I applied online for three updated V5Cs and two driving licences and got everything back in about a week.

Technically speaking you do not have a valid drivers license to show at your job interview. This might sound harsh but if I were interviewing you for a job that was advertised as needing a VALID drivers license and you turned up without one, your application would go in the bin. I hope you get it sorted soon.

Last edited:
As an aside they can now access your UK passport photo and use that for the driving licence.

Can't you go on the site and get a check code which is asked for by certain insurers?

Quick update.
My wife finally got in touch with the DVLA today and while putting on a deep voice found out that my application was being processed. She explained about the job interview and was told it would be noted.
Thanks for any advice. 👍

Technically speaking you do not have a valid drivers license to show at your job interview. This might sound harsh but if I were interviewing you for a job that was advertised as needing a VALID drivers license and you turned up without one, your application would go in the bin. I hope you get it sorted soon.

I wouldn't want to work for a person who has no thought about his employees(present and future) troubled situations.

Technical you are correct, but a bit of care and consideration goes a long way and reaps rewards.

What's the phrase? You can be a boss or a leader?

Quick update.
My wife finally got in touch with the DVLA today and while putting on a deep voice found out that my application was being processed. She explained about the job interview and was told it would be noted.
Thanks for any advice. 👍
I believe you are OK to drive then. The rules are that you can drive if the DVLA has received your renewal application. As they have confirmed that they have it and are processing it, you're good to go.

Last edited:
I believe you are OK to drive then. The rules are that you can drive if the DVLA has received your renewal application. As they have confirmed that they have it and are processing it, you're good to go.
👍 I’d really like some some of written proof though.

It does state here that you can continue driving if you have applied via the post office or by post. 👍

👍 I’d really like some some of written proof though.
Actually, it's here:

"You can still drive while you’re waiting for your new licence."

As they state it in black and white on the gov website, the plods would have a hard time trying to convict you when DVLA have confirmed to you they have received and are processing the application.

Actually, it's here:

"You can still drive while you’re waiting for your new licence."

As they state it in black and white on the gov website, the plods would have a hard time trying to convict you when DVLA have confirmed to you they have received and are processing the application.
That’ll do nicely. Thanks.

Out of curiosity... how did the interview go?

Out of curiosity... how did the interview go?
It’s next Friday. I’ll let you know.

I also applied to a company called Aspect Property Maintenance. They appear to be be rivals to Pimlico.
I had a video interview with them at the beginning of August and I went on a trial day with one of the employees yesterday. The post is for a ‘Leak Detection Engineer’. Yesterday was part of the application process and the guy I was with sent a glowing reference to the HR dept after our days work so fingers crossed, I could be hearing from them next week.

I quite fancy this post because the detection guys are the best paid and because I’m a plumber with roofing experience it means I can also carry out the repairs. 😏

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom