New E-class 2009 model - pics / smiles / shocks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2008newbie, Dec 10, 2008.

1. 2008newbie

2008newbie New Member

Guys, following on from my latest thread i think it is important to address the shock new model.

Below are the new pics i have, but its so true from previous discussions, it looks like a Hyundai or Honda.. the rear especially looks overly cheap.

Mercedes is class, the old w124 had a simple elegant line that today stands true, the new E class shape looks wrong and the rear lamps are too bulky to even be considered as handsome..

whats your thoughts?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    pics from kraftwerk include the following, i have just compiled them into the same discussion as their photos are more complete for the front.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. NewMB

NewMB Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 535D F11 Sport (Touring)
    I for one would not hesitate in ordering this. Think it looks great. Never mind that it will be packed with latest technology, safety and toys (for a lot of extra cash!).

Nice one MB!! :rock:

3. The Boss

The Boss Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    private!
    Hi New MB.. I think the bottom 3 pics are not actually photos, but illustrations, and is different in terms of what my knowledge of the car is.. front looks very aggressive, the rear, totally un-benz like..i was expecting an s class imitation rear, but we now seem to have Hyundai... hmmm

I hope it looks better in the flesh if i am to change to this model.. perhaps the AMG kit will lift my spirits up??!!?!!!!!!

4. NewMB

NewMB Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 535D F11 Sport (Touring)
    Yes, I realize that the bottom pics are renders but if close, then I am happy. I am sure that alot of the negative people on this forum will be pleased once the car is presented at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2009.

I am going..... :)

5. jeremytaylor

jeremytaylor Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E280CDI Sport Est., CLK 200k Cab., VW T5 174, Citroen C8, and a 2CV!

6. Dryce

Dryce MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 in red with the chromed window surrounds looks pretty gruesome to my eye. Light colours seem to suit the W204 better than dark ones.

Given the lines of the W212 the same may also be true. But the front styling on the W212 as rendered in the previous messages definitely doesn't work IMHO.