New E-class 2009 model - pics / smiles / shocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2008newbie

Guys, following on from my latest thread i think it is important to address the shock new model.

Below are the new pics i have, but its so true from previous discussions, it looks like a Hyundai or Honda.. the rear especially looks overly cheap.

Mercedes is class, the old w124 had a simple elegant line that today stands true, the new E class shape looks wrong and the rear lamps are too bulky to even be considered as handsome..

whats your thoughts?

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
2.jpg

pics from kraftwerk include the following, i have just compiled them into the same discussion as their photos are more complete for the front.
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

I for one would not hesitate in ordering this. Think it looks great. Never mind that it will be packed with latest technology, safety and toys (for a lot of extra cash!).

Nice one MB!! :rock:

Hi New MB.. I think the bottom 3 pics are not actually photos, but illustrations, and is different in terms of what my knowledge of the car is.. front looks very aggressive, the rear, totally un-benz like..i was expecting an s class imitation rear, but we now seem to have Hyundai... hmmm

I hope it looks better in the flesh if i am to change to this model.. perhaps the AMG kit will lift my spirits up??!!?!!!!!!

Hi New MB.. I think the bottom 3 pics are not actually photos, but illustrations, and is different in terms of what my knowledge of the car is.. front looks very aggressive, the rear, totally un-benz like..i was expecting an s class imitation rear, but we now seem to have Hyundai... hmmm

I hope it looks better in the flesh if i am to change to this model.. perhaps the AMG kit will lift my spirits up??!!?!!!!!!

Yes, I realize that the bottom pics are renders but if close, then I am happy. I am sure that alot of the negative people on this forum will be pleased once the car is presented at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2009.

I am going..... :)

Yes, I realize that the bottom pics are renders/QUOTE]

Sadly they're not - they are actual MB photos.

Front's OK, but rear wheel arch clumsy and the tail looks droopy, not helped by Hyundai rear lights IMHO. Is this is the first 'colour-sensitive' (i.e. ugly) Merc ever?

[ Is this is the first 'colour-sensitive' (i.e. ugly) Merc ever?

W204 in red with the chromed window surrounds looks pretty gruesome to my eye. Light colours seem to suit the W204 better than dark ones.

Given the lines of the W212 the same may also be true. But the front styling on the W212 as rendered in the previous messages definitely doesn't work IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom