NEW E class (213 and 238) specifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BfgSLKMan

North Germany and Sometimes South Germany
Car
S213 220d AMG Line (his) and A238 220d AMG Line (hers)
Clearly you need to be able to read German, but here are the details of the WLTP figures for the 213 (saloon and estate) E Class. I presume the lowest is for UK SE and the highest figure is for UK AMG Line. So my 109g SE Estate on order is going to 129g which means an extra €40/year here is Germany (at the moment) in Road tax.

Article seems to suggest this will be for all engines produced after Jun 18.

Biggest change is scope of the Driver Assistance Package seems to have more functionality. Other related article on Coupe and Cab suggest it gets the new CLS steering wheel controls for cruise control etc.

Anyway here are the links:

Änderungsjahr 18/1 für die E-Klasse der Baureihe 213 - Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog / Mercedes Benz, smart, Maybach, AMG
Änderungsjahr 18/1 für das E-Klasse Coupé und Cabrio der Baureihe 238 - Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog / Mercedes Benz, smart, Maybach, AMG

Just been told the cab build slot for me is early July so should incorporate these changes :)

Also picked this up that the 200D will be replaced by a 1.6 litre diesel (shrunken version of the 2.0d not a "new" engine) with 160 PS (rather than the current de-tuned 2.0d with 150PS).

200 d Variante mit 160 PS
Der Ersteinsatz des OM 654 D16 erfolgt in der C- und E-Klasse als 200 d Variante mit 160 PS, d.h. knapp 10 PS mehr ,als die bisherige OM 654 Variante mit 2 Liter Hubraum. Die Beschleunigung soll hier im E 200 d von 8,4 auf 7,9 Sekunden verbessert werden – in der C-Klasse mit Handschaltung um 1,2 Sekunden auf einen Wert von 8,4.

Sicne its lighter it knocks the 0 to 100kph time down to 7.9 from 8.4 secs but no word on CO2 (but my guess is that it will shrink)

OM 654 kommt mit weniger Hubraum in C- und E-Klasse - Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog / Mercedes Benz, smart, Maybach, AMG

Confirmation that the Coupe/Cabriolet (238) switch over to updated Euro 6d TEMP and revised steering wheel/Driver Assistance Package will be delivered from 01 Jun 2018:

E-Klasse Cabrio und Coupé: Verkaufsfreigabe für Änderungsjahr 18/1 - Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog / Mercedes Benz, smart, Maybach, AMG

Initially only the following engines (I know currently the UK doesn't take all of these variants):
  • E 220 d
  • E 220 d 4MATIC
  • E 300 d
  • E 200
  • E 200 4MATIC
  • E 350
Following available to order from the dates shown below (due to the backlog in certification for Euro 6d):
  • E 350 d / 3. Quartal 2018
  • E 400 d 4MATIC / 22.06.2018
  • E 450 4MATIC / 22.06.2018
  • E 300 / 09.05.2018
  • E 53 4MATIC+ / ca. End of May - Beginning of June

Looks like our car with a build slot 3rd week of June is new spec then. Just need to make sure that unlike the 213 (well according to the brochure anyway) the Air Suspension isn't linked to only being allowed Black Nappa Leather (new Comfort Pack) in AMG Line cars (in the UK).

Oh I didn’t realise this little sub forum was in. I have an order in for a E400d Cab with a build date late July. I can’t wait. I have every bell and whistle with it as well, aside from the black trim stuff....

I’ve also been follow the Mercedes Passion blog....

The E450, the one I’m waiting for, is I believe further delayed till the end of July or thereabouts. Not holding my breath mind you.

Oh I didn’t realise this little sub forum was in. I have an order in for a E400d Cab with a build date late July. I can’t wait. I have every bell and whistle with it as well, aside from the black trim stuff....

I’ve also been follow the Mercedes Passion blog....

Just rediculous that MB UK restricts the choice of so many things. Still 26% cheaper than the German price so I can live with it I suppose.

My build date is still 31 July so cautiously optimistic.

I checked today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again! It’s a beauty [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom