new e class amg line media player problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macthedj

Car
mercedes
Hi can someone help me. My boss has just purchased a new e class amp line. This is used as his taxi business and so he needs the media player to play movies during quiet times. Now I have tried a new SanDisk 128 go usb stick with movies and music on it but the problem is the car keeps saying device not recognised. Does anyone know if the usb needs some software added or if there is only certain usb sticks that will work.

Movies wouldn't play whilst the car is moving unless it's modified/coded

Not sure about other media i.e music though, that should play regardless

More info, which audio unit? File types? USB format type? If you want answers you've got to provide more info.

It's the new media player in the e class all digital. Nothing to do with file type and as I said it does not recognise the SanDisk 128 gob usb drive

I know they don't play when car is moving. That was not my question
The new SanDisk 128 gb is not recognised. Neither is my galaxy note. But when I plug an iPhone in it recognises it.

I think you need comand to play a video dvd, the usb port is likely just audio.

OP has said he has movies AND music on his USB stick.

The audio system should at least be recognising MP3 files in the top directory on a USB stick whatever.

I'd opt with either his USB is formatted in a format that the system doesnt recognise (i.e make sure its in FAT32 and not NTFS or macos format). Or the USB port on his car doesn't work (given the USB stick worked enough to put the files onto it!!)

Give its a 128G stick, and if I remember FAT32 only does 32GB, I suspect his Windows PC has formatted it as NTFS and the Audio system doesn't support NTFS.

Cheers

Richard

Thank you will try a reformat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom