New E-class and Mercedes-Benz UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But these latest "top spec" are not top spec!

There are plenty of options not available in the UK, HUD, heated steering wheel.....

I said this a few years ago.

I hate black interiors, they look so grubby so quickly and just depressing.

Plus Mercedes had all these silly packs, I wanted interior ambient lighting. "That will be £3500 as it only come in a Premium Plus pack."

But that gives me Pano roof that I don't want and a Burmeister sound system that every says vibrates. It also pushes the C350 above the £40k threshold and means I have to have AMG line which means black interior.. I just want the lights that are a €230 option in Europe.

Nothing wrong with having a set menu to keep costs down, but allow people to order al a carte on a Mercedes, and let them pay a bit more.

When I spoke to the dealer they said "Customers always order black interiors."
"Don't you ever show them other options."
"Oh no, we only ever order the demos with black interiors."

Hmmm? Okie Dokie.

Also, I would have swapped the E350 S212 for the E400, but again, no petrols in the UK unless you want a small 4cyl or an AMG lite with the E43.

I looked at the EQC last week, the one without the crap gille. Black interior only again. So gave up.

Plus Mercedes had all these silly packs, I wanted interior ambient lighting. "That will be £3500 as it only come in a Premium Plus pack."

But that gives me Pano roof that I don't want and a Burmeister sound system that every says vibrates. It also pushes the C350 above the £40k threshold and means I have to have AMG line which means black interior.. I just want the lights that are a €230 option in Europe.

Nothing wrong with having a set menu to keep costs down, but allow people to order al a carte on a Mercedes, and let them pay a bit more.

Hmmm? Okie Dokie.

Also, I would have swapped the E350 S212 for the E400, but again, no petrols in the UK unless you want a small 4cyl or an AMG lite with the E43.

I looked at the EQC last week, the one without the crap gille. Black interior only again. So gave up.
The sentence I have highlighted is possibly how Mercedes-Benz UK carry out its market research.

Q. How many E-class vehicles have you sold with a black interior?

A. Over 200

Q How many have you sold with a light coloured interior?

A. 1!!!

Market research done carried out and they will argue that over 99% of customers prefer that black interior. It is irrelevant that if we opt for a coloured interior, we have an EXTREMELY SMALL choice of options. Nope statistics will make liars out of experts and sadly, experts out of liars

Times have changed and I guess a significant amount of new cars may well be purchased by business and do they care more about price compared to options? TYhen we have the private customer who wants to go into a showroom, be shown a vehicle and be able to buy it on the spot. As a dealer that would be what I want, BUT..... A sale, is a sale, if a customer walks through the door, is prepared to wait for a car they have customised, then a sale is a sale, just make sure you get that non-refundable deposit

Bit late to the thread (tend to stick on the OT part of the forums now I don’t drive an MB any longer. But..

1. welcome back, Glojo!
2. My last three cars (BMW 5 series touring, S212 AMG line and the current Tesla Model 3) have all had light interiors. The current upholstery is white. I much prefer it personally, and can’t believe it would be such a minority choice to be not worth making.

Bit late to the thread (tend to stick on the OT part of the forums now I don’t drive an MB any longer. But..

1. welcome back, Glojo!
2. My last three cars (BMW 5 series touring, S212 AMG line and the current Tesla Model 3) have all had light interiors. The current upholstery is white. I much prefer it personally, and can’t believe it would be such a minority choice to be not worth making.
Thank you and a nice choice of cars :)

Reactions: PXW
The other thing I have found, when selling my cars, the light interiors have sold in a matter of hours rather than days or weeks, everyone has said the same thing....."So nice to see a car without a black interior for sale."

My current daily....

IMG_1364.jpeg

This was my E350....e350_5.JPG

I had aN E350 Sport after that which came in any colour as long as it was black.
HORRID.

I am guessing Mercedes-Benz UK sell cars with black interiors, they ask then ask the buyer if they are happy with the car and that is their market research... Job done and 100% of the people they have asked liked the black interior. Look how long they were selling the AMG-Line with just the choice of black plastic interior which the call Artico leather

Well having no choice avoids this sort of problem! :)

Nightmare! 😅

When a was looking for my E Class a few years ago I was only interested in a black leather interior. When cars that had Light grey, cream, grey or red interiors I simply moved on. We all like different things.

:) :) And the strange thing is they are still complaining about the lack of choice.
When a was looking for my E Class a few years ago I was only interested in a black leather interior. When cars that had Light grey, cream, grey or red interiors I simply moved on. We all like different things.
100% agree but to completely take away any type of choice is hopefully something you might also agree with? Perhaps you might not have liked the black vinyl seats that were the sole option for a period of time?

Imagine trying to make me eat swede because it was the only vegetable the UK would allow???? No disrespect to our Swedish colleagues as I have no intention on munching on them :)

Hmmm? Okie Dokie.

I got my facelift E Class saloon last week, I've never heard the Burmester vibrate and actually love it for a factory system in a mid range saloon. I'd recommend trying it. I do agree with this thread though, I'd love for my 19 convertible to have the 2 tone interior but apparently I was only supposed to want it if I wasn't getting an AMG line.
Edit: I just asked my parts guy if I could order the seats in the colour I want and he suggested going for the e53 convertible seats which are full leather and come in the two tone I like

I got my facelift E Class saloon last week, I've never heard the Burmester vibrate and actually love it for a factory system in a mid range saloon. I'd recommend trying it. I do agree with this thread though, I'd love for my 19 convertible to have the 2 tone interior but apparently I was only supposed to want it if I wasn't getting an AMG line.
Edit: I just asked my parts guy if I could order the seats in the colour I want and he suggested going for the e53 convertible seats which are full leather and come in the two tone I like
I have heard lots of good comments regarding the Burmester sound system and yes a few bad ones but we have ordered that option in our vehicle. I am just writing to the dealer to confirm that Park Assist is a working feature as this is also something we have specified, but reading a post on another thread, I am now concerned that it might be fitted but not work?

I don't think there is an issue with the sound system on the E Class, but every single C Class I tried it in had trim rattle.

I have heard lots of good comments regarding the Burmester sound system and yes a few bad ones but we have ordered that option in our vehicle. I am just writing to the dealer to confirm that Park Assist is a working feature as this is also something we have specified, but reading a post on another thread, I am now concerned that it might be fitted but not work?
The park assist on my 2019 E450 works but with a lot more fuss and faffing around than the self parking system then was on my 2014 E400, system has gone backwards in my view

Has your car arrived yet glojo?

He flounced some time ago, not likely to see your post.
Did you really achieve anything by saying "He flounced....." ? Really illustrates how hostile some people can be and why some members simply leave IMHO

Did you really achieve anything by saying "He flounced....." ? Really illustrates how hostile some people can be and why some members simply leave IMHO
Frankly yes, he was an aggressive poster who flounced (repeatedly) when questioned. The forum is better without him.

You might think me hostile but, if so, you should review some of his passive/aggressive posts and rethink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom