New E Class breakdowns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
I drove down from Cumbria to Portsmouth and back again this week. I saw two broken down new E class's. One (an E Class Coupe) on the hard shoulder of the M6 attended by breakdown truck, and another (E Class saloon) on the back of a breakdown truck en route to a dealer presumably.

Not a good advert for these new cars. Isn't there an issue with injectors on the diesels?

Yes - the thread is here. It is in the manual that if you drive one of these engines, you have to keep your fingers crossed at all times. Failure to do so may void the warranty.

Last edited:
Have one of these-so far so good-did not realise there was a problem prior to buying!
Now I drive everywhere with fingers crossed!!!

Have one of these-so far so good-did not realise there was a problem prior to buying!

Well now you know.

It's a new model. New models often have minor-ish issues that need fixing.

Don't be suprised if you get the odd polite call from your dealer asking you to bring in the car for some unstated reason "nothing to worry about" and no mention of the word 'recall'. It tends to happen a bit more frequently in the first couple of years.

Comes with the territory.:devil:

You have cheered me up no end!
I hope I am one of the luck ones.
My 5 series is now looking good!

It's at times like these that we miss the page of stats and links to JD Power and various other surveys that a certain member used to regale us with.

It's at times like these that we miss the page of stats and links to JD Power and various other surveys that a certain member used to regale us with.

lol it seems only 4 pot engines. V6 CDi owners of 212s (a fair amount) are not effected. How come the outgoing 211 220cdis (also owned by the poster in question) have no issues yet new 212 220cdis do. Thought they were the same.

lol it seems only 4 pot engines. V6 CDi owners of 212s (a fair amount) are not effected. How come the outgoing 211 220cdis (also owned by the poster in question) have no issues yet new 212 220cdis do. Thought they were the same.

No, these are not the same, the 212 engines are the new ones with a dual turbo and a lot of other differences.

Yes could someone clear this up please. I have a e350 coupe cdi on order, am I right in understanding this is not affected ?? Also what model number is my car W207 ???

do we?:dk:

lol V6 CDi owners of 212s (a fair amount) are not effected.

I'm holding you to that statement Steve, any problems in the future with my injectors and I'll be knocking on your door.:eek::D

You're welcome, its a fair treck. If yours fails, we can swap cars. You can have mine, I'll have yours :p

Not sure that was quite what I had in mind Steve, but I'll think about it.
Ok I've thought about it...No thanks!:D

Not sure that was quite what I had in mind Steve, but I'll think about it.
Ok I've thought about it...No thanks!:D

Worth a try. A 211 220cdi with nowt options for a 212 350cdi with heaps. I'd have flown to Shetland and taken the injectors out, flown you down to Glasgow and given you the keys to mine and got yours on a low loader down. Cheapest car swap ever :ban:

Nah seriously, your car should be fine. I drove the sport variation of your old one, mega :thumb:

It's not only Mercedes that has this problem. I had to take my BMW E93 back on a recall notice to have the injectors changed. May be lucky now as I moved to a 350 cdi, which I am told is OK:confused:

I too have had my E250 coupe for 6 weeks (ex demo) and had 2 injectors fail. I couldnt stand it any more and luckily for me someone cancelled an ordered E350 fully loaded coupe (in my perfect colour...Black) so when the second injector is fitted tomorrow theyre keeping the 250 and I am picking up my brand spanking new e350 coupe on Saturday. I cant bloody wait!

Your car should be W212 coupe i think...

I believe that the new E-Class Coupe is actually called a W207 (strange I know, considering the original CLK was the W208 and the last was the W209)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom