New E-Class coupe/CLK replacment nearly ready!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Mercedes E-Class Coupe in Black Almost Free of Camo

Here's another series of spy shots on the coming E-Class. These are of the coupe version, which will be a very important model for Mercedes since they have discontinued the CLK badging and essentially turned the CLK into this E-Class Coupe.

German automakers are very reserved in their styling and prefer the concept of (very gradual) evolution rather than revolution in updating models. This shot reveals that philosophy in action. But the car does appear to have a greater curve along the horizontal length of the body and a more muscular hunch above the rear wheels.

The E-Class Coupe will likely come with, amongst Mercedes standard lineup of engines, Mercedes' latest 204 hp turbodiesel Bluetec, an AMG version with the 550 hp V8, and may also include the BlueHybrid that Mercedes is developing.

The new E-Class sedan will be introduced at the Geneva Motor Show next March. Other variants, including this coupe, will likely only be first unveiled at the Frankfurt motor show next September.

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in-black.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in-black_1.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in-black_2.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in-black_3.jpg

mercedes-e-class-coupe-spied-in-black_4.jpg

Nice to see that they have gone for a more aggressive look like the orginal W208, looks like a baby CL!

I always thought the CLS was the "E-Class Coupe", based on the same running gear after all?

Mike

Nice to see that they have gone for a more aggressive look like the orginal W208, looks like a baby CL!

The local dealer had a CL parked next to a CLS, both un-registered and shining in the showroom, at first glance I mistook them for the same model (shame on me I know). Did make me wonder where the extra £50k+ had gone on the CL though!

Mike

CLC rear lights, odd side window (whats that black triangle at the rear), odd rear wheel arch bulge, messy front end.

Hmmm, I fear this car will be what is kindly called 'colour-sensitive' (i.e. not a natural good-looker), but I would be delighted to be proved wrong when I see it in the flesh!

I think it looks great, they have taken a more aggressive approach to the new CLK.

like the side profile ...

lots of glass, with sunroof (or better still, panaromic roof), it will be wonderful

Don't like it, it's suffering the same "Bonnet graft" appearance that the SL does, it's lost the graceful lines of the existing model.

Lexus rear lights

Looks great and will IMO be the best looking CLK out of the range and also really hit the Audi A5 and BMW 3 Series coupe hard!!!

Very nice looking. Love the side shot. Looks menacing and has presence. ;)

To me the rear wheels look smaller than the front .....sure its just an optical illusion...

Don't think much of the trim option on that model ! ;)

odd side window (whats that black triangle at the rear)
The rear window was probably too large to completely drop so a mini window was put on the end. The same thing happened to the old SLC.

Also I can confirm that the front and rear wheels are identical, I overlayed them in PSP and they're the exact same size.

More Japanese than ever. Horrible!!!!!!!!!!! German? Sure? Bring back the original designer. Is he still alive? If not he must jumping in the grave. I'm sure Mercedes can do better than that. Financial crash?

The rear window was probably too large to completely drop so a mini window was put on the end. The same thing happened to the old SLC.

would be shame if there was small fixed window at the rear .. no longer a true Mercedes pillarless coupe, and it then looks like they designed the car and forgot about the windows.

Looks very similar to the Passat CC!!!!!!!
Thats no bad thing but you don't want your £50k plus car being compared to a Passat :D
The front grill makes it look like a Honda Accord......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom