New E Class Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jules335

Car
E53 AMG Coupe
I was passing my local dealer and saw that they had a facelift E Class coupe. From the photos I have seen I was expecting something really special but actually seeing one I was a bit underwhelmed. It looks a bit slab sided and very ordinary. The old shape is a much nicer looking car in my opinion.

Attachments

• image-2183583981.jpg
    image-2183583981.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 246
  • image-2665837339.jpg
    image-2665837339.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
I have to agree, looks a bit dull to me. Our E class cab is going in for a service shortly so I'll see if they have any there then.

Did you check out the interior? That seems significantly better from the pics I've seen.

The car was locked and they were about to close and so I only saw the interior through the windows. Again it didn't look as nice as in the photos I have seen before.

I was considering getting one of these as my next car but it was a real disappointment. It might look better in a different colour and with the bigger wheels.

There's a really good review on YouTube. Looks pretty awesome to me, and I just love the S Class instrument cluster :thumb:

I think it looks great, much more cohesive than the fussy design of the last model. Less glitzy tat as well compared to the facelift e coupe of the old generation.

big fan of new E class coupe .. it's elegant and stylish; best seen in no black and without drug dealer glass

the C class coupe is a bit dumpy and too short

the S class coupe is too big, especially at the rear

the E class coupe proportions are perfect to my eyes

the E class coupe proportions are perfect to my eyes
Should have gone to specsavers .:D

Attachments

• Right2.jpg
    Right2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 132
Prefer the previous E Class facelift coupe, a stunning car. This latest was is ugly. Really not liking the rear of these new Mercedes coupes..

I really don't get this little third window/glass piece at the end, can they do away with that for the next model to come...

I've been looking forward to seeing one in the flesh as was considering a change from the CLS. OP picture does look a little bland although the grey one at Swansea looks good.

The white one looks good, especially as with the pano roof, which doesn't add anything (and maybe subtracts) if the car is black.

This coupé is the one I really wanted back in October, but being not available for untold months, it was then going to be the saloon, but then my wife had the idea for us to get the "not boring" AMG GT - which certainly raised the stakes! That started is on the next level up, ending with the S-class.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I was passing my local dealer and saw that they had a facelift E Class coupe. From the photos I have seen I was expecting something really special but actually seeing one I was a bit underwhelmed. It looks a bit slab sided and very ordinary. The old shape is a much nicer looking car in my opinion.

The problem is the colour, in general black cars look dull although there are some that can pull it off without looking like a funeral car.

Ordered ...... designo white with night pack - ready to roll out of Norwich showroom

Peter103 said:
Think I'll keep mine for a while yet. Love it!

I like this shape better than the new one, can't quite figure out why but I just do.........

I'll keep mine as well ,always was the plan anyway. I've changed my cars every few years and liked the E coupe so much that it wasn't a difficult decision.The new coupe hasn't even tempted me to even think about it, I can't honestly say that I "don't" like it , but if I did think about changing cars it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.My 2016 E220 Edition with premium pack and Pano roof cost me £33,000 new , the new model similarly specced would cost £48,000. There's too much competition around for that money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom