New E Class Estate (S213) Factory order time & New Tax changes in April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercA

Car
Merc
Hi All, Any one here already ordered or actively considering New E Class Estate factory ordering..?? What's the lead time knowing that from April first Tax rules are changing and E class taxes goes up from £100+ to £400+ depending on model.

Anyone close to dealerships or those waiting for delivery please advise Thanks

From a legal standpoint any taxes due on anything invoiced are generally due at the date the invoice is raised.

I think the added complication with cars is VED is due on the date of first registration which probably overrides the invoice date as all future annual VED calculations will be based on the date of first registration.

So to avoid the increase in VED the car would need to be registered with the DVLA on or before the last day of March.

basic E220 SE is £38,830 OTR, doesn't give much scope to spec it up before you hit the magic £40k.

Is it the on paper (MRP) price or actual price paid (with potentially heavy dealer/MB discounting) that is used by the govt in these calculations?

One dealer told me this...!!! I know some will tell anything to get order in their books and then change their stand as they want once deposit is paid.

1) If you can order a car with me now I can offer registration prior to the changes in taxation from the 1st April 2017. A Factory ordered E200d Estate would arrive with me, from Germany, in approximately mid-March. But you would registered before the 31st!

Is this really a deal breaker? It's three or four hundred pounds a year, about six pounds a week ! If it matters that much, maybe you don't really want this car !:dk:
I know it wouldn't put me off if I wanted it. If you want one have one ,you might be dead next week.:wallbash:

Is this really a deal breaker? It's three or four hundred pounds a year, about six pounds a week ! If it matters that much, maybe you don't really want this car !:dk:
I know it wouldn't put me off if I wanted it. If you want one have one ,you might be dead next week.:wallbash:

Got to agree with this. If your buying what is probably going to be a £40,000 + car I'm sure the tax increase won't affect you to much financially.
Unless your a dreamer like many who drives around in a very expensive car paying so much a month on pcp but still lives with there parents :thumb:

Couldn't tell you I wasn't around in the 70's Or did you mean the age 70?

Didn't mean to offend anyone with that comment haha. It was just what was said about the tax bracket not been a deal breaker that made me think of something the salesman once said to me

Thanks a lot!!!

BTW I am a penny pincher, so not even Merc Finance going to get anything from me!!

Thanks a lot!!!

BTW I am a penny pincher, so not even Merc Finance going to get anything from me!!

Don't blame you, if you don't need finance don't get it. Why spend the extra thousands... personally I've never had finance, but on the other hand I've never bought a brand new factory order car

A true penny pincher would take the MB finance for the extra subsidy it offers, then settle straight away.

Coming back to the OPs question.....what are the lead times on factory orders?

Just registered on here, but been reading for a while.

I ordered my E250 estate on 08/11/2016 with a dealer in Belgium (since we are moving from Malaysia to Belgium next month that made sense)

Was told the car would go in production begin February 2017 for delivery end February begin March.

Last week Friday I got an email from dealer informing me that due to the high popularity of the assistant packages etc there now is a production delay due to insufficient supply of sensors, radars, widescreen, ILS etc etc. (part of what you guys have as the plus package). So my production date has now been moved to 04/05/2017 with delivery scheduled end May begin June ...

If you order a basic one you should be fine with about 2-3 month delivery since those orders are now done first. In the other case it will be waiting for the subcontractors to start producing faster.

According to the German forums the LG factory that supplies the wide screens has also suffered some damage from earthquakes which is an additional delay.

Stephan

Just registered on here, but been reading for a while.

According to the German forums the LG factory that supplies the wide screens has also suffered some damage from earthquakes which is an additional delay.

Stephan

Shame really, it seems Mercedes-Benz is the only manufacturer suffering from the aftermath of the earth quakes.

First it was HUD units, now wide screens and Radars, and the list goes on.
Ah well...the wait continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom