New E-Class Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the back end treatment makes it look less barge-like personally, but I can't say I'm a fan of the Hillman Avenger-style steering wheel.
20200106_110336_1920.jpg

I think the back end treatment makes it look less barge-like personally, but I can't say I'm a fan of the Hillman Avenger-style steering wheel.
View attachment 93486
Oh wow, that brings back memories for me too, my Dad had two of those as company cars back in the early 70s, I remember that huge steering wheel boss. One of them, when I was 4 or 5 years old, was in a colour that I couldn't fathom at the time, as it was neither blue or green (turquoise ;)).

Oh wow, that brings back memories for me too, my Dad had two of those as company cars back in the early 70s, I remember that huge steering wheel boss. One of them, when I was 4 or 5 years old, was in a colour that I couldn't fathom at the time, as it was neither blue or green (turquoise ;)).

Had a Hillman Avenger 1500 as my first car...very nostalgic running around fully loaded with mates and on way or to some nonsense no doubt. Don't recall ;-) Pretty solid and easy peasy to fix with a spanner and a hammer only ;-) In 30 odd thou miles in 3 years as a student she didn't let me down. Ahhhhh, the good old days! :) Thanks for the memories! Mine was simple blue.

I miss the days when Mercedes executive saloons were unanimously distinctive. Now they all look like they ripped of the Asian product that ripped them off.

I wouldn't waste my money on anything made post 2000.

Attachments

• red W115.jpg
    red W115.jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 12
Had a Hillman Avenger 1500 as my first car...very nostalgic running around fully loaded with mates and on way or to some nonsense no doubt. Don't recall ;-) Pretty solid and easy peasy to fix with a spanner and a hammer only ;-) In 30 odd thou miles in 3 years as a student she didn't let me down. Ahhhhh, the good old days! :) Thanks for the memories! Mine was simple blue.
I seem to remember my Dad later remarking about what a good car they were when he had them as company cars.

I miss the days when Mercedes executive saloons were unanimously distinctive. Now they all look like they ripped of the Asian product that ripped them off.

I wouldn't waste my money on anything made post 2000.
I'd personally stretch that threshold to 2010 but I agree :thumb:

The front end of the estate version looks like a Subaru Legacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom