New E Class - Firm Details

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hawk20

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML250 BlueTEC Sport Jan 2013
NEW E CLASS –FIRM DETAILS
Some firm details and photos of the new E class (to be unveiled in January at the Detroit show) have accidentally been released on the German MB website and are reproduced in the latest Auto-Express.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/232785/mercedes-e-class.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters

On sale in the UK in June, the new E class will be nearly 3 inches longer (70mm) to give more space and even better performance in crash tests

Under the bonnet, the emphasis will be on increased fuel efficiency with a tweaked range of four-cylinder petrol and all-new common-rail diesels. However, the range-topping models will still be powered by large V8 units, with a 5.5-litre engine for the E500. There will also be a high performance E63 AMG model too.

A diesel hybrid, offering 55mpg and emitting less than 140g/km of CO2 will join the line-up a year or so after launch. Prices will be revealed early next year, but expect the range to start at around £28,000. An estate model will arrive in 2010.

See also AutoExpress’s first drive of the Mercedes Fascination prototype. Fascinating!
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/232677/first-drive.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters

Attachments

• NEW E Class front.jpg
    NEW E Class front.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
NEW E CLASS –FIRM DETAILS
Some firm details and photos of the new E class (to be unveiled in January at the Detroit show) have accidentally been released on the German MB website and are reproduced in the latest Auto-Express.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/232785/mercedes-e-class.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters

On sale in the UK in June, the new E class will be nearly 3 inches longer (70mm) to give more space and even better performance in crash tests

Under the bonnet, the emphasis will be on increased fuel efficiency with a tweaked range of four-cylinder petrol and all-new common-rail diesels. However, the range-topping models will still be powered by large V8 units, with a 5.5-litre engine for the E500. There will also be a high performance E63 AMG model too.

A diesel hybrid, offering 55mpg and emitting less than 140g/km of CO2 will join the line-up a year or so after launch. Prices will be revealed early next year, but expect the range to start at around £28,000. An estate model will arrive in 2010.

See also AutoExpress’s first drive of the Mercedes Fascination prototype. Fascinating!
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/232677/first-drive.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters

Thanks for this.I think now tht I have leased my current E class for year 4 is fine,but its replacement will not be another.looks like Audi here I come(A4,Ugly A6)

Hopefully this will be at the Geneva motorshow next year.

Those pictures do it no favours, looks to over bodies with tiny wheels. In the correct spec I'm thinking it will look nice, Almost a baby S class.

my dad is very interested as he has had his current E320Cdi Estate since 2003 (longest car he has owned) as everything he goes to test isn't as good as what he has, so changing to a new one is probably the safest option.

Amazing how often in threads showing new MB models many tend to dislike them. But once we see them in the flesh, full size, we often feel differently. I disliked the new C class in photos at first sight, but when I saw one for the first time in the flesh, from the front at a slight distance, I thought it was an S class approaching. I now think it has huge presence for the smallest saloon in the range.

I still prefer the old S class to the new one. But the new one has grown on me quite a bit.

I hope I go on preferring the current E class to the new one as my head says keeping cars for a long time is by far the most sensible and economic way to proceed.

with the credit crunch and the new model on is way, an new E will have some excellent deals on them to move them out of the way.

be a good time to buy one if you were after one and don't need the latest version.

;)

I rather like the new E!
If you left a W221 S class in the garage overnight with a 211 E class this is exaclty what you would expect the offspring to look like;)
Who believes that this ‘leak’ was a mistake? In an age when we know what the Prime Minister is going to say days before he says it, I’m not convinced.:rolleyes:

... Who believes that this ‘leak’ was a mistake? In an age when we know what the Prime Minister is going to say days before he says it, I’m not convinced.:rolleyes:

I work closely with a major vehicle manufacturer and I was at the manufacturing plant earlier this year to discuss future model production. At the meeting, I was shocked to learn that one of their mainstream models was less than 12 months from replacement and and yet I knew nothing about it. However, I had been reading for quite a while in Auto Express and on the web about the replacement of another of their model lines due in two years' time - including the obligatory leaked specs, covert car photos and artists' impressions. When I pointed out this anomoly, the reply was "Yes, but we didn't want people to know about the first launch, only the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom