New e class tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abecketts

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280cdi, Disco2, Alfa 166 3.0 and tractors
Driving into London today and a 14 plate e220cdi came alongside me, I noticed it was shod with Hankook tyres, are these standard fit, I'd assumed they were medium priced tyres and not premium?

Just wondering

I think that Hankook is pretty much on par with premium brand manufacturers.
It was certainly the case last year, when I bought a set of their winter tyres, costing more than Pirellis (out of stock at the time).

Hankook make very good tyres and are well regarded in the states as being a premium brand.

I saw a the new model C class on Hankooks too.

I always thought Hankook as second division, not premium.

I saw a the new model C class on Hankooks too.

I always thought Hankook as second division, not premium.

Apparently, not anymore.

Interestingly enough, last month I visited my local Porsche dealership in Hatfield.
They had a brand new Panamera with all season tyres, and yes, all 4 were Hankooks.

I always stick with MBO - usually Continental - but have used Nokian Winter Tyres on my earlier CLK

Price is not a primary metric of a tyre's performance.

True, though it is often an indicator. This <http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/>

is a better way to judge.

duplicate post

i had hankooks on an ML - very good tyre and very reasonable to rpelace comparing to premium brands

Driving into London today and a 14 plate e220cdi came alongside me, I noticed it was shod with Hankook tyres, are these standard fit, I'd assumed they were medium priced tyres and not premium?

Just wondering

you been "up country"?

I think they fit whatever they can get on a good deal at the time.

Mine, built in June, came with Bridgestone potenza's.

Bit late to this thread, meant to reply a while ago, but Hankook are quite a respected tyre, and sole suppliers for the DTM

if you click through to the results, Hankook come out 7th

Whatever you want to fit its a minefield trying to find the best price and best tyre for your car see my email headed" WHAT DO YOU THINK"
After a lot of research on this I am still probably heading towards TOYO Tyres, unless someone knows better ?:doh:
BAZZER1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom