New E Class W212 Estate available from December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mudster

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 A150 SE Classic, 2007 Saab 9-3 Sportwagon
Is what I was told today during a visit to MBworld at Brooklands. Well I was told it would be in showrooms in December, apparently there was one at MBworld last week for a demonstration day.

Mrs M and myself went up there to try out various models to see which was easiest for Mrs M to enter and Exit (she has MS).

I was quite keen on the ML but it was too high and just too much for her. The B class was spot on (she has an A class herself) but I need something a bit bigger than that.

There was an E500 saloon there (in solid black) and she loved it, easy to get in and out, comfy seats. I particualrly liked the uncluttered centre console and column shift, all in all felt like a very nice place to be.

We then tried a C350 Estate which just didn't feel the same, the seats a little narrower and not as comfy. Overall the E class just felt a nicer place to be so that's what we're likely to be getting in the middle of next year.

Current lead time for saloons (in anything other than white - which are proving difficult for some reason?) are about 3-4 months Estate is expected to be similar.

The E350 Cdi Estate is most likely to be the route I go, I'll tackle the dealer in the new year.

I've just had an email from MB and the launch date is set for the 21st Jan.......just might pop a long and have a look:rolleyes:

Just had the same one myself, having just bought a new car I may try to resist trying out the new one......

I certainly dont have the sort of money to change like for like now!

I am sure you have seen the blue one they have at Brooklands, been there since before Xmas. It is the sport version. Rear facing children seats look like torture.
Think there are plenty of speccable 350CDIs for delivery by end of Feb/Mar as I was looking at one last w-e. Nice car, already have another estate car so doubt I will go for it. 350CDI has the gear shift on steering column, makes the whole dash a lot better. Also has larger tank and twin exhaust so well worth the £1500 diff with 250cdi with extra torque, 6 cylinders and a bit more BHP.

Is what I was told today during a visit to MBworld at Brooklands. Well I was told it would be in showrooms in December, apparently there was one at MBworld last week for a demonstration day.

Mrs M and myself went up there to try out various models to see which was easiest for Mrs M to enter and Exit (she has MS).

I was quite keen on the ML but it was too high and just too much for her. The B class was spot on (she has an A class herself) but I need something a bit bigger than that.

There was an E500 saloon there (in solid black) and she loved it, easy to get in and out, comfy seats. I particualrly liked the uncluttered centre console and column shift, all in all felt like a very nice place to be.

We then tried a C350 Estate which just didn't feel the same, the seats a little narrower and not as comfy. Overall the E class just felt a nicer place to be so that's what we're likely to be getting in the middle of next year.

Current lead time for saloons (in anything other than white - which are proving difficult for some reason?) are about 3-4 months Estate is expected to be similar.

The E350 Cdi Estate is most likely to be the route I go, I'll tackle the dealer in the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom