New E Class W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul3408

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Hi All

Haven’t posted for a year or so but have been doing a lot of reading, anyway I have just gone and done something t thought I would never do, and that is to buy a brand new car it’s a E Class W212 Executive se with command online, I’m part exchanging my oldish C Class w204 57 plate with 44000 ish miles on her, had this for 3 years and paid £16000 and MB offered £14000 PX.

I have been reading about Command online and I phone and some post say it’s a hardware problem with the car, and some say it’s a software problem with the phone,

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

Paul

As I understood it COMAND Online uses a Bluetooth mode that the iPhone doesn't support. There's a list of compatible Nokia and BB handsets somewhere, maybe get one of those and a cheap £5/month SIM with data.

Matt

Had a c class with command this week and at no point did it recognise my iPhone 4s at all for anything.

OT

Your C class figures somehow dont add up. If MB are offering you £14,000 for your 4.5 year old C Class, it is more than likely it is a fairly well optioned, good size engined one. I just cant get my head round how you managed to only pay £16,000 for the car when it was 1.5 years old

The 212 is an excellent car. Chucky, 204's seem to retain value. I've frequently looked on dealer websites and the prices are very high even on over 3yr old cars.

OT

Your C class figures somehow dont add up. If MB are offering you £14,000 for your 4.5 year old C Class, it is more than likely it is a fairly well optioned, good size engined one. I just cant get my head round how you managed to only pay £16,000 for the car when it was 1.5 years old

Lets say the 14k figure is inflated because a new car is being bought. But only 16k for a 1 year old car 3 years ago? Sure it was not 26k?

OT

Remember, 3 years ago we were in 2009 and the car industry was on its ****!!

9000 C classes sitting in fields with no buyers.
C220cdi estates being contract hired out for £199 a month etc.

Could well have bought it for that sort of price.

I bought a 2 year old A6 3.2 Quattro avant with a list of £50,000 that was up for £20k for £12k in the Feb of that year.

I bought my E class in 2009. I was originally going to buy a C class and I had been watching used prices for about 12 months. The best price I ever saw for an 18 month old, bog standard, decent mileage C180 was about £21,000 and they were usually so far away from me.

Because the used prices were so high, I decided to go the brand new route and ended up getting an E200 CGI because it cost only about £3000 more than an an equivalent C180 CGI which had been optioned to have things which I wanted like xenons, DRL, Auto transmission (These were standard on the E).

I was very much in the market during this period and that was the reason why I asked the questions because it looks like I missed a trick despite looking everywhere.

I have the new W212 with comand online. It works well with the iPhone 4s for the following items

Pairing
Telephone
Transfer of contacts (via media interface)
Bluetooth media (not the best but works)

However, the Internet deffo doesn't work, yet. Update coming in September when it will.

Btw congrats on the new car, it is a great ride.

Hi all

I have had my w204 3 years this August the 7th to be exact I live in Kent and was looking for a w204 for almost a year, Seen my car on auto trader and was in Leeds advertised for £16,995 with 26000 miles on the clock. The ones I had been looking at where around £19000/£22000.
We went to Leeds and offered £16000 and that was that went up one week later and drove her home, Last week of we go to MB and they offered me £10500 plus £4320 dealers contribution that’s how I get to £14000
I have been to MB today and they say my car is being made on the 10th of May and delivered on the 22nd May. I can’t wait.
Cheers

I have the new W212 with comand online. It works well with the iPhone 4s for the following items

Pairing
Telephone
Transfer of contacts (via media interface)
Bluetooth media (not the best but works)

However, the Internet deffo doesn't work, yet. Update coming in September when it will.

Btw congrats on the new car, it is a great ride.

I paired my wife's iphone4s yesterday with my c class comand (September 2011) ntg 4.5, no problems at all, Bluetooth synced and all contacts etc moved so no issue with the telematics. If the new E class has this there should be no issues.

Also did it with comand ntg2.5 in SLK got connection for calls and hands free but no contacts moved, may need to start a thread on this unless someone can tell me how to sync contacts between iphone4s and ntg 2.5

PS comand online will not work with iPhone, I have a Nokia E series and it works with this but to be quite honest you are not missing anything. I have used it about 3 times in the last 6 months and it takes so long to load it is not worth the effort.

Last edited:
Goldfish11 said:
Also did it with comand ntg2.5 in SLK got connection for calls and hands free but no contacts moved, may need to start a thread on this unless someone can tell me how to sync contacts between iphone4s and ntg 2.5
On the COMAND Telephone menu, select Import Contacts and From Bluetooth.

Last edited:
one the COMAND Telephone menu, select Import Contacts and From Bluetooth.

Tried this but nothing moved, the system does for some reason have all my other contacts from my other paired phone displayed, but the iPhone contacts have not moved across.

Did you select Replace or Update Existing?

According to the Mercedes-Benz Connectivity info, the only difference twixt the iPhone 4 & 4S as far as functionality goes in conjunction with COMAND in the SLK is that the former requires External Authorisation. As I can successfully import contacts from my iPhone 4 to my wife's SLK COMAND, there appears to be no reason why it shouldn't work with a 4S. Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing the phone?

I have a new E Class with COMAND and would like to take advantage of the Internet function. I have an HTC Desire HD smartphone on the Android operating system. This is one of the most popular phones but COMAND doesn't recognise it for Internet access, although bluetooth telephone pairing is good. There is an APP entitled BlueDun that is supposed to enable such a connection but I have tried all combinations of access and it doesn't work for me. Just what is MB thinking in not enabliing access for some of the most common phones???

According to the Mercedes-Benz Connectivity info, the only difference twixt the iPhone 4 & 4S as far as functionality goes in conjunction with COMAND in the SLK is that the former requires External Authorisation. As I can successfully import contacts from my iPhone 4 to my wife's SLK COMAND, there appears to be no reason why it shouldn't work with a 4S. Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing the phone?

Will get into car again and give it an other go. Hopefully will find time later today. I will update you on progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom