New E class wireless charger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swd80

Car
W213 E220d Premium
I'm looking to order a new E220d this week - test drove it last week and it was really beautiful.

I've read in a few reviews that there should be a feature or option to allow wireless charging of your mobile phone,but I can't find any evidence of this on Mercedes own literature.

Does anyone have any experience of whether this is available? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's not available in the UK currently and neither digital car key feature. It's because there is currently only one phone on the market with the right capability and apple won't authorise the use of near field communication for unlocking the car at the moment. Because there's one phone, they decided it wasn't realistic to offer the system in the uk, at least until it's available on more devices

Thanks JBD, I had questions about this wireless charger thing. You've answered well. Thank you again.

I wasn't aware of the digital key and I'm not too sure what it's supposed to be, but the wireless charger seems a no brainer.

There are plenty of phones that support this and other car makers provide it.

I wasn't aware of the digital key and I'm not too sure what it's supposed to be, but the wireless charger seems a no brainer.

There are plenty of phones that support this and other car makers provide it.

I think they've just decided to not take either option in the uk for the moment. I believe the wireless charger will become available sooner than the digital car key, but neither are available in the uk from launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom