Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
I just saw the new e class actually parked out on the high street for the first time, and i was thoroughly not impressed.

It looks so bland, so common, and if i may say so, looks old already.

Mercedes usually have to have something different and striking about them, but this thing just resembled hyndai design and lexus front, and was so boring.

In the show room, it didnt look too bad, but in real life, such a disapointment.

I dont think i will be upgrading the e class just yet!

I think like all mercs and cars in general a lot has to do with the colour and spec.

I have to say the white E class sport coupes I have seen look very very nice.

Good job we are all different though and no doubt it will grow on you.

Was it the saloon or the coupe?

I've seen them both at my local dealership, and IMO the E class saloon is ugly, although the E class coupe looks much better.

I just saw the new e class actually parked out on the high street for the first time, and i was thoroughly not impressed.

It looks so bland, so common, and if i may say so, looks old already.

Not quite in the same class category but I saw a Jag XJ in the flesh today. It looked very striking indeed, more so from the side and rear views. I suspect it'll be the kind of car people stop and star at and ask their mates 'what's that?'. I still prefer the proportions of the XF though.

Was it the saloon or the coupe?

I've seen them both at my local dealership, and IMO the E class saloon is ugly, although the E class coupe looks much better.

saloon, the coupe is nice, its sharp, but the saloon says nothing!

XJ is gorgeous, sure it has quite a large high hipped ass, but its such a desirable vehicle..

XF portions defo better, just im not a fan of the XF rear

The new XJ interior is stunning though I really want to see one in the metal. At least Jaguar have been bold with their design. The E class, is rather nice but evolutionary and not really a huge step forward. It will sell well, I am sure.

XJ is gorgeous, sure it has quite a large high hipped ass, but its such a desirable vehicle..

XF portions defo better, just im not a fan of the XF rear

IMHO that is the best angle -- so Aston Martin in appearance.....lucky we all don't have the same tastes or life would be boring..:D

I've seen a few now. One bob basic with small wheels and drab colour, not great. A few posh ones with bigger wheels and dark or light metallics, quite tasty.

The E500 coupe looks well tasty though. Very impressed.

I had a white E350 (i think) coupe that was behind me when i was in northamptonshire... it looked aggresive with the white LEDs as the fog lamps. Kind of gave me the "get out of my way" sort of vibe! Anyways, open road came and sure enough the tonne of plastic and matchbox stuff overtook me :)

Yes, I saw my first one yesterday, and to me, it's the automotive equivalent of the Lighthouse Family.
Usually a new model has the ability the provoke fairly strong reactions, and even if we don't like the look, we either get used to it, or a facelift sorts it out (old Ford Scorpio excepted).
I have to say, the one I saw just didn't look in any way 'different' or special - just nice because it was new.

Shame, in the pics, I thought it looked nice (Lexus clone rear end excepted).

I've seen a few now both in the showroom and on the road. I think it looks striking, exclusive and modern. But to my eye not as beautiful as the 211 series. May grow on me.

I have had the new e class saloon for about three weeks now and i must say it is a fantastic car. I think the front looks very individual and aggressive with the rear more understated. It is my first Mercedes so difficult to compare to previous e classes but i do think the design will grow on people given time and once a few more appear on the roads. I remember how badly people generally felt about the current BMW 5 series when it first came out, only for it to become very popular.

the E-class coupe is what i mean. brilliant. good it has gone back to the w123 and w124 days. e class coupe and not clk even though it is a c class coupe

Last edited:
I think the Carlsson version looks good!

Carlsson_E-Klasse_W212_side_t.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom