New E Coupe - Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geek

Car
2011 W221 S350
Hi everyone,

A few questions if I may....

Has anyone bought the new E Coupe 220d and if so, what is your view of it please?

Does it have Magic Vision as standard?

With 360 camera, does it use the same button as the normal parking assist?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

Magic vision control isn't on the E Coupe, it's generally limited to cabriolets. The 360 camera comes on when in reverse, or when you get close to something, but you can use the button on the right side, behind the steering wheel to turn it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I was looking at a new E class coupe on Monday, it had Magic Vision Control wipers like the R231 SL

when I was looking at a new E class coupe on Monday, it had Magic Vision Control wipers like the R231 SL

Having looked into it, it appears to be standard. They must be rolling it out across a bigger range of cars! My mistake [emoji51]

Magic Vision Control wipers are superb on the SL, there is no spray at all in to the cabin with the roof down

with roof down, water only comes out of the wipers on the down stroke.

Hiya - I picked up my E220d AMG line coupe 3 weeks ago - designo white with night pack - the car turns many heads and there are hardly any on the road. I've got the full command pack and digital dash and everyone is amazed by it - yes wipers have the integral washers and it's fab. Getting 55plus mpg and its sooooooo quiet inside !

I'm really pleased with my car having come from a W205 class

Question for JBD, or anyone else who can answer...

With the pan roof - is it possible to have the entire roof in glass or is there a bit near the rear that is non-glass roof panel?

there a bit near the rear that is non-glass roof panel?

On the new model there is no option for a full glass roof and unfortunately there's a "BIG" bit that is "non glass", doesn't look good at all.

Question for JBD, or anyone else who can answer...

With the pan roof - is it possible to have the entire roof in glass or is there a bit near the rear that is non-glass roof panel?

No, just the panoramic roof in the premium or premium plus package

No, just the panoramic roof in the premium or premium plus package

Thanks for replying. It's a shame it's like this.

Last question - will there be a hybrid, like an E300e?

On the new model there is no option for a full glass roof and unfortunately there's a "BIG" bit that is "non glass", doesn't look good at all.

Totally agree. It doesn't make any sense. The new E class saloon has full glass as do the C class cars. My last couple of cars have had the glass roof - the light in the cabin and the contrast externally sets the car apart from the fleet class. Once you've had full glass it's hard to go back.

Thanks for replying. It's a shame it's like this.

Last question - will there be a hybrid, like an E300e?

There's nothing confirmed above the current range that I know of yet. I've heard that a E50 or E53 will be arriving with an inline 6 engine, but that's it up to now

Totally agree. It doesn't make any sense. The new E class saloon has full glass as do the C class cars. My last couple of cars have had the glass roof - the light in the cabin and the contrast externally sets the car apart from the fleet class. Once you've had full glass it's hard to go back.

I'm sure there's a good reason for my. Maybe head room? Also, the previous generation had big problems with the pan roof rattling

I would have to have that section rapped black

I'm sure there's a good reason for my. Maybe head room? Also, the previous generation had big problems with the pan roof rattling

You're probably right. My current E Coupe has the pano roof and the rattle and creaking is there despite several attempts to get it sorted.

Good call - mines going in soon for gloss black wrap to the roof section - car has night pack :)

Good call - mines going in soon for gloss black wrap to the roof section - car has night pack :)

Please share a picture of your car when you've had the roof panel wrapped. :bannana:

You're probably right. My current E Coupe has the pano roof and the rattle and creaking is there despite several attempts to get it sorted.

No rattles or squeaks from mine. It's a 2012 model with 60k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom