New E Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Hi All!

Just came back from looking at the new E Coupe at Mllton Keynes.

What a lovely car! I think I've found a car I like more than the CLS that I was so crazy about a few years ago!

Just wondering, does anyone here have one? I'm thinking specifically about the E300 petrol. Is the engine nice enough for this car?

My time with the SLC (and SLKs before it) is coming to an end soon and I think the E Coupe just might fit the bill and..... most importantly, SWMBO LOVES it! :)

Hi All!

Just came back from looking at the new E Coupe at Mllton Keynes.

What a lovely car! I think I've found a car I like more than the CLS that I was so crazy about a few years ago!

Just wondering, does anyone here have one? I'm thinking specifically about the E300 petrol. Is the engine nice enough for this car?

My time with the SLC (and SLKs before it) is coming to an end soon and I think the E Coupe just might fit the bill and..... most importantly, SWMBO LOVES it! :)

Hey Bpsorrel,

I'm a month into owning my 68 plate E300 Coupe and i absolutely love it. The best thing is the interior in my opinion, but i wish i'd gone for the premium plus package instead of the premium package (for the burmester sound system). I went for the E300 petrol over the E220 due to having bad experiences with diesels in the past. The 2L turbo is nippy enough and in sport mode it has good throttle response and i often downshift using the flappy paddles to get a few more revs in as i have a heavy foot coming from a manual car history. All in all this car is a serious head turner as i often see people breaking their necks trying to get a good look at my polar white E300 on the motorway or on the highstreet. The serious decision you have is whether to get the 4 cylinder petrol or the 6. Sometimes i wish i had chosen the bigger 3 litre for that extra presence and power but the 2L is more than enough with close to 250BHP. Off the blocks i have been able to get ahead of RR Sports etc.

If you would like any more information let me know.

Thanks! That's exactly the information I wanted! :) I'm leaning towards the 300, but will try them both first.

I saw somewhere that the 300 has a sport exhaust. Is the sound intrusive and out of character or does it sound good?

I'm sooooo tempted to treat myself to a rather special Chrstmas pressy!!! :):):):):)

We’ve got two in the office car park, one in blue and the other in white and they both look stunning - Mercedes got the 213 perfect.

Thanks! That's exactly the information I wanted! :) I'm leaning towards the 300, but will try them both first.

I saw somewhere that the 300 has a sport exhaust. Is the sound intrusive and out of character or does it sound good?

I'm sooooo tempted to treat myself to a rather special Chrstmas pressy!!! :):):):):)

The equipped sports exhaust has a nice note to it from the outside but on the inside of the car its ruined by the artificial sound made by the speakers, honestly i wish i could turn it off. But for people sitting in your car that don't know much about cars will think its real!

My son has ordered the E53 AMG Coupe - just waiting for a delivery date. He only keeps them 3 years so I may buy it off him when the time comes.....will see how I am going with the SL.

Saw, one today in white, what a lovely motor, and the interior was gorgeous, black and red leather seats that new long screen and funky air vents. :D:D

There was one at the gym the other day (Black E53) and it really caught my attention , what a lovely looking motor and a credit to the design bods at MB.

In the future it may even tempt me back from the BMW.

Kenny

I have not been paying attention , is the new e coupe really a "e" or just a beefed up "c" like the 207, 208 and 209? ???

If all goes to plan my new E450 Coupe should be being delivered first half of December.

It’s nice enough but don’t you think that big bulky rear end is a tad ugly? I think the previous E Class coupe looks smarter personally.

Speaking personally, if I’d thought it was ugly I probably wouldn’t have bought one...

Me too. Shame there won’t be a 63

Yes, i would be very tempted to exchange the CL for one :) They have quite a few at Brooklands and my CL colour Cavansite Blue looks great on the Coupe :cool:

Saw the review on the AMG E53 4Matic which was not bad. 429bhp 3.0-litre straight six :( The Top Gear review is interesting. The problem is i only do V8's

Last edited:
The top gear review is really interesting. The E43 is certainly has some turbo/gear box indecision if driving in ECO/Normal but OK when driven in sport mode. I suspect that the E53 may improve on this is a but although the performance stats e43 vs e53 aren't much different. I'd certainly like to try a E53 for a test drive.

I have not been paying attention , is the new e coupe really a "e" or just a beefed up "c" like the 207, 208 and 209? ???

They are properly platformed now which is a good thing, but try and tell them apart from a C class Coupe (side rear windows excepted). They also all now look like they should have VW badges on them, just blend into insignificance.

the wonderful thing about the E Coupe is its elegance, style and lack of over adornment with “feature” lines

the only thing I would change are the fake side vents on the rear bumper

I thought about an AMG, in either E or C Coupe form, before deciding on the E450 (originally E400).

Think I’m getting old, in that today’s roads are so pothole riven and so congested that ultimate performance all seems a bit pointless. Same with bikes, my current mount is a sportsbike of sorts and one rarely gets an opportunity to use it as intended.

So, the E450 will make a fine and comfortable gentleman’s carriage, but still have a modicum of oomph as and when the need arises. I like the chunky lines as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom