New E220 Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhysC63?

Car
E350 2015 9g AMG Prem Plus, previously C63
Hello everyone, it's been a while!

My E350 (9G AMG Line Prem Plus) has reached the end of it's lease so it's time to hunt for a new car.

I'm leaning towards a E220 AMG Line Premium with Driver Assistance Plus and 360 camera as options

I really like the idea of using the autonomous driving on the motorway and the auto parking seems fun, albeit a little slow.

Normally I don't spec my lease cars with options as I find it drives costs up significantly, but driver assist package seems really good and it would be a shame not to get it.

However, there are some niggles in my mind firstly cost:

1.Standard AMG Line Premium - 3+24 Lease, £430 pcm
2.AMG Line Premium with 360 camera and Driver Assistance Plus £580 pcm

So £150 a month more for features that may lose their novelty value after a few months? Would anyone who has the new system care to comment on how useful it is in real life? Do you use the autonomous driving often?

Are there any other options that would be considered essential? I think the normal cockpit looks nicer than the widescreen one but I wonder if I will miss not having command? I'm not that fussed about it on the E350 , as I find the software slow and clunky - but can I still use Bluetooth from my phone to make calls and stream music without command? How good is the Garmin map pilot software? I've stopped trusting command for navigating long journeys as I seem to get better route suggestions from google maps.

Is the 360 camera worth it? It seems much better than the reverse camera alone and I could see how it would be of benefit getting the car into my garage as it's very tight.

In reality, £150 extra isn't going to break the bank and I'm unlikely to notice any real difference financially be it £430 or £580, but nevertheless, I would like to hear some opinions regarding the real life usefulness of these options.

Why not have another 350, forget the bits and bobs, toys and infrequently used gissmos, I would be more bothered about the great loss of power and torque, by dropping to a 220 from a V6, though you don't seem bothered, why not?

I was going to say the same - once you have gone up (trying something more powerful), you can't go back down.

I'm a bit all or nothing when it comes to power I think. Having traded down from a C63 to E350, I drive the E350 a lot more sedately, it's not the kind of car that makes me feel I'm in any great rush to get anywhere. So I'm not really looking for a powerful car - if I wanted that I could always go for a C63.
From what I understand, the E220 is adequate for the job, based on your comments though I think I'll see if I can arrange a test drive. I always feel guilty about test drives though because I have no intention of buying direct through a main dealer.

I have e220 65 plate and very pleased with it. Surprisingly jumping in from cls500 power delivery is satisfactory...was thinking about e350 but believe I made the right choice.
Mine is amg line, night edition in pearl white. All possible toys as mention don't use them all but for the money would never get e350 equipped as mine.
Love the park assist feature :)
Only thing annoys me collision assist but can live with it

From what I understand, the E220 is adequate for the job, based on your comments though I think I'll see if I can arrange a test drive.
I had an W213 E220d as a loaner when my E63 was in for service in December and for real-world driving it was definitely lively enough, albeit that there was a definite 4-pot diesel "thrum" audible if you accessed the available performance.

I'd definitely take one for a test drive before deciding if you're coming out of a W212 V6 though.

I've just had a call from drive the deal, they've quoted me a very nice price so I've placed an order!

E220 AMG Line Premium + Driver Assistance Plus + 360 Camera + Comand HDD. £540 on a PCP

I thought the price was pretty awesome, so I threw caution to the wind and said yes.

I can always play with my unnecessary bells and whistles to forget I no longer have a V6.

Delivery April so I'll get stung with some extra tax, but nevermind. I'll also need to persuade MB to let me keep the E350 for a while longer, they were fine with this when I swapped the C63 so I assume there will be no issues there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom