new e240 owner and a few queries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brens-e200

Car
1990 230E W124, 1992 C124 220E
hi

Well i finally bit the bullet and bought myself a lovely e240 (1999 108k on the clock and service history ) auto after spending some time driving my sons E200 manual .

now i have a few questions for the experts here

1. as there is no auto-transmission dip stick how do i tell what gearbox model i have to ensure i buy the right one ?

2. as i always do an oil/filter and tranny/filter flush when i buy a car ( set my own base line ) i was wondering what specifications the transmisson fluid must match as there is a deal for Comma ( dexron III, AQ3 ) in Halfords at present and for the first flush may be ok and at the the next one use the Mercedes fluid ??

3. what are the best spark-plugs for the v6 2.4litre

4. how do i remove the factory fitted telephone assembly ( in red on the attached dash picture ) as i want to fit a neat nokia bluetooth instead. will there be even more holes on the passenger side of the dash as a result of the removal ??

thanks in advance

brendan

Attachments

• e240-dash.jpg
    e240-dash.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 23
Re: the phone mount, there won't be any holes left, it is fixed via a metal lug the fits between the side of the console and burlwood fascia. You will probably need to remove the fascia to gain access. There are two screws on the bottom of the fascia which you can only access by removing the ashtray/cubbyhole. It should pull towards you then downwards.

Just looked at the picture again, you may have to remove the radio too before the fascia will come out.

Last edited:
many thanks

hi EDZ649

many thanks for your prompt reply its appreciated.

regards

brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom