new e280cdi sport 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pachanga 231

Car
E280 cdi sport 2007
just bought a silver e class, its the v6 and i love it. the 18" wheels and lower ride height looks nice and handles very well, it has sat nav/dvd/bluetooth etc. do they not do a avantguarde model? is the sport the top model?

ive lost the pan roof and rear heated seats but the difference in driving compared to the e270cdi 5 cylinder makes up for the loss.

so any tips n tricks on the facelift compared to the old w211
ive read that MB improved 100s of bugs on the facelift, where can i get a list from.

finally any way of getting around ;

playing the music on my phone via the bluetooth at the moment you can only make calls.
allowing the dvd player to play whilst on the move
cheapest way of updating the sat nav routes

TIA

Here it is
ad7d308ae1319bb0dec3899370df5338.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

just bought a silver e class, its the v6 and i love it. the 18" wheels and lower ride height looks nice and handles very well, it has sat nav/dvd/bluetooth etc. do they not do a avantguarde model? is the sport the top model?

ive lost the pan roof and rear heated seats but the difference in driving compared to the e270cdi 5 cylinder makes up for the loss.

so any tips n tricks on the facelift compared to the old w211
ive read that MB improved 100s of bugs on the facelift, where can i get a list from.

finally any way of getting around ;

playing the music on my phone via the bluetooth at the moment you can only make calls.
allowing the dvd player to play whilst on the move
cheapest way of updating the sat nav routes

TIA

I adore 211 - on my 3rd! If temp not getting up to about 80, I'd seriously consider a new thermostat. Mine was about £25 on ebay and about £60 for my indie to fit Boosted my MPG by abotu 20%!

Will depend on the age of your firmware for map updating assuming it is NTG 2.5 (and maybe linguatronic?) To get recent maps the firmware may need updating and if so, you are talking north of £200 as it has to be done by an MB main dealer! Need new maps for all the changes up near Morecombe/Lancaster! Mine has not been touched since the car was new :( Let me know if you find it any cheaper locally!

I believe very few phones support music streaming and again, would need a firmware update for newer ones

DVD on move - you will get flamed for that one!! Not a good idea IMHO

(My indie is in Preston up by Asda and MB trained if you are looking for anyone)

Quick wash.
A short drive around town is this temp correct? Should it be lower on a long motorway run
60eb2451bdd69625a0fe936f852b1e90.jpg
fc6640d2c5883d240e6a69bb2bd3b117.jpg

Has three gear box modes S/M/C
I'm tempted to leave it in S most of the time.
What is the C mode and when should it be used

Temp looks fine at 90deg.

C is comfort mode. It's called E in the 212, for economy. It doesn't matter which you use, whatevers floatonf your boat.

Recent thing I found on my 212.....point remote at the door handle, needs to be nearly touching, press and hold unlock and all the windows roll down. Handy in these temperatures.

The total closure is tempremental

The seller had a private plate on.
He's deregistered it and i completed my details. I have the green slip, will the new v5 come in the original number plate in my name.

Had a 2008 E320cdi Avantagarde and loved it! Using C on the autobox means it starts of from standing in second gear and then changes up at slightly lower revs. Useful in snow! Used mine in C sometimes if wanting a relaxed drive when out with my 90 yr old mother.

What's the suspension set up on these, its a really solid tight drive.

Also are the xenons different to the earlier w211. Something to do with the lights angle more towards the sides.

Quick wash.
A short drive around town is this temp correct? Should it be lower on a long motorway run
60eb2451bdd69625a0fe936f852b1e90.jpg
fc6640d2c5883d240e6a69bb2bd3b117.jpg

Temp is fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom