New e350 cab - BT phone is useless.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarriedBlonde

Car
C63 AMG Coupe/ML350 Cdi Sport/69 vw Bus
Do I have an issue with my car or is the stadnard fit BT phone kit in the new e-calss cab a load of rubbish?

When I answer a call no one can hear me as I sound like I am in the little room in the house wrapped in cotton wool.

Thanks,

J.

What phone are you using & have you set the transmission volume correctly? Alternatively your car may have a faulty mic.

There are some issues with iPhone 4 sound quality - I have seen an MB memo saying it is an iPhone issue and not a Mercedes Bluetooth issue ..

The sound quality of the MB system should be good, do you have a non iPhone to try and see if it is better.

Also try turning the iPhone off fully and on again (hold top button for 10 seconds then slide the slider that appears)

Of course it could be a fault with the car !

Richard

I'm using an iPhone 4... Transmission volume?

Should I read the manual...
Take a look here for details of the recommended settings for your car & phone combination.

FWIW, I've just swapped from a Nokia E72 to an iPhone 4 and according to people I've called while in the car the sound quality with the iPhone is much better than it was with the Nokia, although as Richard says there can be issues with iPhone 4 sound quality (this is noted on the MB site I linked to, above). My phone is running iOS 4.3.1 BTW.

i use an iphone 4 with w212 also and no problems at all. Suggest your car setup may be wrong?

Quick update, bigs thanks everyone who took the time to reply. I changed the settings to the recommended ones in the link above. Apperently I no longer sound like I am wrapped in cotton wool :)

J.

You're welcome. I must confess that MB do seem to hide the info quite well though... Maybe it's time for a "useful links" sticky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom