New E53 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pricing released today. Just download the relevant brochures on MB site. Configurators not done yet... that'll be in a week or so probably.

So... order it.

To the best of my knowledge I already have ordered it. With all due respect I’d just like hard, factual information from the company rather than oft conflicting information from the internet. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for.

E400 has been replaced with the new E450. Same engine as the 53, but less power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking at the updated brochure, which says the E450 is V6 as opposed to E53 which has the in-line. Is the brochure incorrect?

Just looking at the updated brochure, which says the E450 is V6 as opposed to E53 which has the in-line. Is the brochure incorrect?

Yes, it’s wrong

My current MB was stuck in the factory in Bremen 3 years ago for no apparent reason (well maybe the "new" (then) 9 speed box) and MB could not tell me why. Really annoying. Just one of those things. I have a E400d which has been built, isn't in holding, and could and should be on it's way to Zeebrugge. I get calls/emails from my dealer pretty often, almost daily, and he's fairly exasperated as well, and has called also HO complaining about the MB Passion blog, which I assume is the one you refer to?

But after tearing my hair out 3 years ago, when I hear it's arrived at Harwich, then I'll know I'm there. But not before.

I have ordered it... have the order form completed, paid my deposit... just waiting! :confused:

Yes, it’s wrong

That’s comforting, that after all this time they can’t produce a brochure with the correct engine configuration.

That’s comforting, that after all this time they can’t produce a brochure with the correct engine configuration.

As I said, it’s the same as the CLS450. I’ll let them know that there’s a typo

Thanks for the heads up JBD. Had a look at the brochure, some minor changes to spec but broadly same price. Strange you can't have the 360 parking option with premium plus though? Will call dealer tomorrow -see if I can order.

Thanks for the heads up JBD. Had a look at the brochure, some minor changes to spec but broadly same price. Strange you can't have the 360 parking option with premium plus though? Will call dealer tomorrow -see if I can order.

I think that’s another error. It’s a different package with the premium and premium plus, call the remote parking package

Configurator now up and running for E450 coupe! Remote parking package is in there. Off to see the dealer today, get this car ordered.

Configurator now up and running for E450 coupe! Remote parking package is in there. Off to see the dealer today, get this car ordered.

You’re welcome! If they’re not sure, it’s code PBH

The configurator still says V6 as well. Do Mercedes really get this far in the sales process with the wrong engine being shown?

Not wanting to thread-jack, but presumably at some point in the future there'll be a C53 option?
(or has the C43 now got the new in-line engine too?)

Not wanting to thread-jack, but presumably at some point in the future there'll be a C53 option?
(or has the C43 now got the new in-line engine too?)

It’ll change to 53 when the 206 comes out in 2020

My E450 order is in and confirmed for November build, unless it comes forward.

Product Knowledge people are apparently aware the brochure and configurator are still giving incorrect engine information, but are too busy to get this minor bit of information (who after all wants to know the correct engine in a car they may be interested in) sorted.

My E450 order is in and confirmed for November build, unless it comes forward.

Product Knowledge people are apparently aware the brochure and configurator are still giving incorrect engine information, but are too busy to get this minor bit of information (who after all wants to know the correct engine in a car they may be interested in) sorted.

That sounds like BS to me. They tend to wait a couple of weeks to collate all changes that need to be made and then will update it.

That sounds like BS to me. They tend to wait a couple of weeks to collate all changes that need to be made and then will update it.

I can only go on what my dealer told me, it’s not particularly edifying to have another dealer call it out as BS.

I’m just a customer, spending a significant chunk of my own money, who doesn’t think it’s unreasonable that something as fundamental as the engine should be accurate in the advertised specification for the car.

It’s still incorrect as of now, which is pretty poor really.

I can only go on what my dealer told me, it’s not particularly edifying to have another dealer call it out as BS.

I’m just a customer, spending a significant chunk of my own money, who doesn’t think it’s unreasonable that something as fundamental as the engine should be accurate in the advertised specification for the car.

I’d rather be honest with you about the reasoning behind it. I’ve given you plenty of info prior to the brochures being out, all of which has been correct. If human error means that head office need to make a few changes to the brochure, I think that’s pretty acceptable, as long as it’s sorted in good time.

So the 450 is completely wrong in the brochure, it’s just a V6. Head office were advised that it was taking the EQ Boost in-line 6, but it’s actually just the V6 with more power than the 400. Brochure will be changed pretty much immediately to reflect that after I made them aware today

Somewhat disappointed, but not in the least surprised.

I think they were when I called [emoji23]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom