New E63 AMG S (just had too)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGBlack

Car
E63S (Black)
I have had my fair share of Mercs, from a SLK to a Blackseries (CLK) and pretty much everything in-between (and outside!).

For the past 12 months I have been running around in my CL63 Bi-turbo (2011), and yes this was an armchair with a rocket.

But..

I felt that inside, despite all its wonderful technology it was starting to look like a Spectrum 128 verses an Apple Mac with the way the "dash" was starting to look compared to newer models etc.

(Not withstanding the hand operated sunroof blind… I mean come on!)..

So today I picked up my (almost new) E63 AMG S.
With every extra possible, so that the only thing the CL had extra, was night vision!..

Obsidian Black. :cool:
Black Wheels (Red Callipers) :p
Black Tinted Glass. :eek:
585 BHP :devil:
Cup holders.. :D

Oh and the fact I have an 8 month old Daughter, with 3 other daughters meant I really needed 5 seats and doors!!
(Real Reason), rest is justification :doh:

And those of you that know my private plate, oh my.. when that goes on it will look just like what the plate says. . the dogs ******ks.

(I would have posted a picture, but the weather in the south today was horrid, and it does not look its best after a 3 hour drive back from Southampton… to cover 70 miles!!!!).. yeah it was that bad. :wallbash:

Ha, you'll have John (Developer) asking to park your car next next to his wagon version.

Excellent choice btw.

Great stuff :thumb:.

Have a trip up to MSL 9th August - you'll be in good company.

Lovely. Not much finer than the E63 estate. I'd love one with 7 seats.

Dam this weather wont let up . .horrid again.

So in the pursuit of a picture, I have had to simply lift the one of the dealers website I captured before I bought the car.

I will post some better ones when the weather gets better..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 22.53.59.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 22.53.59.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 120
Very nice

Great choice. Keep us up to date with how you find it.

Great choice. Keep us up to date with how you find it.

Right, we have had a nice day so was able to put up a picture.

First thoughts.

When you plonk the AMG button down and give it the beans, I am just giving it to the E63 on acceleration over the CL63. I know it will improve with only 6,000 miles as it needs to loosen up a bit, where as the CL had 45,000 miles and was like a rocket.

Brakes need work, terrible judder on braking at all speeds and to be honest how on earth this wasn't picked up by the dealer I shall never know.
Fairly sure it is rear and steering does not shake.

Sound system is excellent, both internal and external and the gear change is faster than the daughter can prize money from my wallet its that fast.

I have had more admiring glances and nods of appreciation in the last 2 days then in the CL in the last 6 months, so that tells you something.

Interestingly, (but I guess thats why its 585 Bhp) was the CL63 was minimum 95 Ron, and this one says 98 Ron. Not that easy to find in my neck of the woods.

Steering and road holding is by far sharper, but as you would expect the ride is much stiffer as a result.

I will post more feedback after I have enjoyed the car for more than a few days on odd runs.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 13.41.53.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 13.41.53.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 76
Is there a Shell garage near you? Their VPower Nitro is 99 RON.

So is Tesco momentum, but I'm not opening that can of worms.

Congrats nice car, missing your black series?

For sure, the looks and exclusivity alone was worth it.
It is the only car I went to shows in, because of the rarity.

But alas, I do use my cars and I had almost 80,000 miles on the black when I sold it. Anymore and it was going to be pretty much blood letting in depreciation.

As it was, I paid 90K for it originally (Dont think the private seller knew what he really had, and it was before the top gear Clarkson testimony which brought it to everyones attention), and sold it almost 4 years later for 70K!.. that is pretty good going considering :)

No Complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom