New E63 Arrives Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

engmpoll

Car
Soon the be an E63 Owner
Hi All!

So my new W212 E63 gets delivered today, yes xmas has come early. As much as I can gleam the supplier will drop it off on my drive, quick walk around, sign paperwork and wave them goodbye. Can anyone tell me what the running in procedure with this car is? Whilst it we be difficult to resist kicking the pig, I assume I'll need to take it steady for a while?

Cheers

Congrats, don't forget the photos.

Some will say it doesn't need running in, some will say it does.

Me - I'd do what the manual says.

Simples.

Congratulations.
When my local private school stops emptying my bank account every month (next year), one of these is at the top of my list to buy.:bannana:

I bet you are like a dog with two tails at the moment. Great purchase and congrats. Whats the full spec ?? :thumb:

If you want it run in, you're welcome to drop it at my house for a bit. I offer a free "3 month" run in service; all you pay for is the fuel :p

You must be feeling ecstatic!

You will probably have the urge to floor it :) but I myself would go by the book just to be sure - bet others here will think differently

Congratulations!

I picked up mine a few weeks back and have been running in as per the manual.

It is difficult to resist the urge but the great sound at low revs and large amounts of torque make it slightly easier, I leave it in comfort mode as the gearbox changes up early and you are still able to make good progress.

Christmas has well and truly come early for you then! Any updates after your first day of owning?

And any pics? :rolleyes:

Kick the pig hard in the balls, 'apparently' they really appreciate it :)

I didn't run in totally as per the destructions but I was kind for at least 500 miles.

So.....a couple of days into ownership annnnnddddddd...... It is epic! I took a gamble buying it having not even seen one in the flesh let alone test driven one, but the gamble has paid off. Power is effortless, gearbox top notch, ride comfort and poise is exceptional given its near 2 ton kerb weight. Ive resisted the urge to boot it hard, but up to 4.5k its quicker than anything else and hussles along quite nicely.

ForumRunner_20131205_102303.jpg

Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy. Its the car i would buy if i win the lottery. T.

Great stuff - many more photos please - full size, of course (via Photobucket or the like) :thumb:.

I had one for a couple of days and loved it. The power was savage and instant really really want one.

I'm sure you'll enjoy.

That looks great

Love the white cars now with the pano roofs.

You WILL have lots of fun in that :)

Lovely 63 congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom