New E63 Biturbo barge owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longman h

Car
E63 Biturbo Estate
Well guys, after a year with a stage 2 tuned RS6 (C6) Avant, it was time to say goodbye yesterday as the new owner picked her up.

Forward on a few hours and I was now the proud owner on E63 Biturbo estate.

Unfortunately my first drive was through dense London traffic but it gave me a chance to get to know where everything is and play around with all the technology, which as you can imagine, is light years ahead of the 2008 RS I previously owned.

Anyway, just thought I'd start a thread to keep track of any changes I make to the car so other people can hopefully benefit from my experience.

Immediate plans for the car
1. New uprated 400mm discs as I'd like the car to encounter a few track days.
2. Either, retrofit the night pack (all the aluminium trim removed and replaced with black trim and a few other bits finished in black) or just wrap the aluminium trim in gloss black

Future plans
1. Look at releasing a little more noise from the exhaust but keeping the beautiful notes from the stock system. I want the same sound, just more noise.
2. Maybe upgrading to 20" wheels
3. Maybe venture down the 700bhp route

Here's a few gratuitous photos.
79005fd5e32b831f74aa7d78ce839000.jpg
f9d9ed54f9eaf703a1df66e5d0b7b6a7.jpg
b530c098e84e3395b917f2984e5fdc68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations, and welcome to the "Gentleman's Express" owners club :thumb:

Indeed welcome to the show.

We'll be doing the same brake upgrade, im jumping on that in the next week or two.
Im waiting on a reply from him.

But You'll prefer it to the RS i think in the long run, just treat it right and change the oil frequently as they suffer with heat a lot more than the C6's did especially on a track.

Indeed welcome to the show.

We'll be doing the same brake upgrade, im jumping on that in the next week or two.
Im waiting on a reply from him.

But You'll prefer it to the RS i think in the long run, just treat it right and change the oil frequently as they suffer with heat a lot more than the C6's did especially on a track.

Cheers mate.

What sort of intervals will you be changing the oil at?

The Spec would be good :thumb:

That's a great colour - welcome to the club :thumb:.

Looks lovely mate gives an idea how forward merc have come with the e class to its older cousin in the back round of the first pic lol.

Welcome, looks a nice example and as said nice colour! I too am going with the dechroming route shortly ....and darkening the wheels and....

The Spec would be good :thumb:

Your wish is my command.

Options are;
Keyless Go
Reversing camera
Active park assist
Dynamic seats with ventilation

And to be honest, those were my main requirements. Anything else would have been a nice to have rather than a must have.

I've never really been a big fan of silver cars but when I saw this in the flesh, I absolutely loved it.

Dechroming and yes, maybe darken the wheels. Not sure whether to go black or not?!?

Welcome, looks a nice example and as said nice colour! I too am going with the dechroming route shortly ....and darkening the wheels and....

Are you going to retrofit the parts or just wrap them?

I've never really been a big fan of silver cars but when I saw this in the flesh, I absolutely loved it.

Dechroming and yes, maybe darken the wheels. Not sure whether to go black or not?!?

Black and silver go together like bread and butter.

Nice! I have quite a lot of want for an E63 BiTurbo. It will be a toss up between one of these (saloon) or an F10 M5.

Enjoy!

Oh, btw, are you called Henry and live / lived near Bromley, and once considered an E39 M5?

Nice! I have quite a lot of want for an E63 BiTurbo. It will be a toss up between one of these (saloon) or an F10 M5.

Enjoy!

I liked the f10 m5 but in comparison to the e63 I thought it could get away with being a diesel by the looks on outside, it's definitely a sleeper or mature looking car if that's what you want to call it, you could definitely age gracefully with the f10 lol, we had one in at work with an akrapovic exhaust and sounded pritty quiet and pathetic to be honest, I think you would miss the sound of your car over an f10.

Very nice mate congrats! This was on my shortlist of ones to call after my M4 was sold this morning but you beat me to it lol!! Nice spec though, you forgot your carbon mirrors as an optional extra as well!!!!

I'll be definitely losing the chrome as well as you say, I may even be tempted to wrap the whole thing!

Very nice mate congrats! This was on my shortlist of ones to call after my M4 was sold this morning but you beat me to it lol!! Nice spec though, you forgot your carbon mirrors as an optional extra as well!!!!

I'll be definitely losing the chrome as well as you say, I may even be tempted to wrap the whole thing!

What colour you thinking.

I'm waiting for the new swatches to arrive from the 3M 1080 range but got my eye currently on gloss charcoal metallic or satin vampire red at the mo.

Nice I think a nice deep wine red suits that shape perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom