New E63 Biturbo barge owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
indeed, hence me steering to the satin red, grey is almost too close to a factory colour. Would need to replace the wheels as well!

I think it will look the great in satin or gloss red the satin looks evil especially with gloss black wheels, or the opposite way round gloss red and matt or satin black wheels, your onto a winner with that colour.

Oh, btw, are you called Henry and live / lived near Bromley, and once considered an E39 M5?

I certainly am mate and I've been through a few motors since then.

Do you still have your E39?

Hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice mate congrats! This was on my shortlist of ones to call after my M4 was sold this morning but you beat me to it lol!! Nice spec though, you forgot your carbon mirrors as an optional extra as well!!!!

I'll be definitely losing the chrome as well as you say, I may even be tempted to wrap the whole thing!

Ah yes, good spot mate.

I have to say the car certainly doesn't feel like it's done 62000 miles, it's in great condition.

Nice looking piece of kit that , well done.

I certainly am mate and I've been through a few motors since then.

Do you still have your E39?

Hope all is well.

Small world :)

Likewise haha. I sold that E39 in 2015, bought a Mazda 6 MPS, sold that 3 months later, bought another E39 and then sold that 2 weeks ago. I currently have a W211 E55K. I've had some dailies but nothing exciting lol.

Life isn't too bad at the moment thanks, how about yourself?

I was considering a C6 RS6 at one point but they're similarly priced to the E63, and I'd rather have a newer car with hopefully less bork factor!

I think when we met I had my 535d didn't I? If so, I then bought and sold the following;
C5 RS6 Plus
M5 Touring
F11 520d Touring
E36 M3 Evo
C6 RS6 Avant
E63

The idea with the 520d was to have one track/weekend car (M3) and something sensible that was comfortable and would eat up the miles.
It turns out, I got bored of that fairly quickly and sold her on.

The C6 was a battering ram of a car and probably the best all round car I've owned but I have to say, the more I drive the E63 the more I love it.

Hope you're enjoying the E55 mate

Just a few cars then! I remember you having the C5 as I saw you posted about it on one of the forums.

Haha, I'd never find time for a weekend car.

Did you experience any of the C6 issues?

Yeah it's a good car, I've barely done 250 miles in it since I bought it though lol.

Good to know you're enjoying the E63, I expect you'll enjoy it more than the RS6, though I am sure the V10 was a cracker. I'd love to own a V10 some day, but probably never will now.

Question: what does everyone use for phone holders in the car as the vent holder I used in the RS doesn't really work in the Merc.

I used a Halfords £10 jobbie that sticks to the windscreen. I know mines a W211 but it was fine in my E39, Saab 9-3 and my Volvo S80.

Congrats on getting the E63. Msl will be seeing you shortly I guarantee:D

Time to change your car in your username.

As a long term quadlock user I would recommend that. The only drawback is having to put case non your phone every time you want to secure it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

As a long term quadlock user I would recommend that. The only drawback is having to put case non your phone every time you want to secure it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I use quad lock too and just keep my phone in the quad lock case as I cycle quite a lot. The satnav in the car is average so trust google maps much more.

Jules

I think when we met I had my 535d didn't I? If so, I then bought and sold the following;
C5 RS6 Plus
M5 Touring
F11 520d Touring
E36 M3 Evo
C6 RS6 Avant
E63

The idea with the 520d was to have one track/weekend car (M3) and something sensible that was comfortable and would eat up the miles.
It turns out, I got bored of that fairly quickly and sold her on.

The C6 was a battering ram of a car and probably the best all round car I've owned but I have to say, the more I drive the E63 the more I love it.

Hope you're enjoying the E55 mate

I did this, or tried... but it just doenst work, you spend less time at the track then you think you do.
So you go out buy your track car and then drive the daily all the time because the track car is annoying, loud and uncomfy... but then you get bored of the daily cos its slow and boring.
Then you have two cars you dont like which dont suit what you do, granted the E63 aint no circuit queen but it does give you that edge that you look for in a track car, that feeling of death... a fear of making out the next corner alive.
But then it equally will sit you in comfort for hours on end and have plenty enough go to get past anything.
Im really into my E63 at the moment, a few more touches to be done and i'll be happy.

Very nice mate congrats! This was on my shortlist of ones to call after my M4 was sold this morning but you beat me to it lol!! Nice spec though, you forgot your carbon mirrors as an optional extra as well!!!!

I'll be definitely losing the chrome as well as you say, I may even be tempted to wrap the whole thing!

I wrapped the whole thing, its expensive but you can get some crazy colours you can see in this pic that even though i have the "night package" i had everything chrome wrapped in black.
10y0651.jpg

Just a few cars then! I remember you having the C5 as I saw you posted about it on one of the forums.

Haha, I'd never find time for a weekend car.

Did you experience any of the C6 issues?

Yeah it's a good car, I've barely done 250 miles in it since I bought it though lol.

Good to know you're enjoying the E63, I expect you'll enjoy it more than the RS6, though I am sure the V10 was a cracker. I'd love to own a V10 some day, but probably never will now.

The RS6 was a savage engine, Stage 2 from MRC saw 740bhp and 800ib/ft and i loved mine, but they didnt age well... millage was a killer, things went wrong, mine lost an injector, lost its coolant lines... aux water rad fell off, undertray exploded itself, ABS sensor faults... gearbox started to go, i had to replace the DRC struts.
All in all 18 months and 90k it was well passed it, i think it had a hard life before me, was a shame mind as it was a 2010 3G model Avant with all the options, Solar roof, soft close, adaptive cruise etc etc.

It was certainly a nice car but i wouldnt say your particularly missing out, the V10 was a great sounding motor, but was a bit dull inside the car.. all the noise was outside.
But she went well for a 2 tonne barge

r79dsy.jpg

For me it's just having owned a V10. I don't think I can go back to N/A now so it would be either a supercharged E60 M5 or an RS6, but I don't think either will happen. A year of RS6 is more likely, but with the prices of F10 M5's and W212 E63 BiTurbo's dropping all the time, once I have remortgaged in 2019 (and I'll be 38) it will be V8 TT time.

For me it's just having owned a V10. I don't think I can go back to N/A now so it would be either a supercharged E60 M5 or an RS6, but I don't think either will happen. A year of RS6 is more likely, but with the prices of F10 M5's and W212 E63 BiTurbo's dropping all the time, once I have remortgaged in 2019 (and I'll be 38) it will be V8 TT time.

Agreed its a dead breed never to return, the time of the V8 is limited i think also.. this will be replaced with smaller V6 twin turbo units etc to meet the Euro emissions, im very privilidged to have owned a V10 RS6 at 25, im now 27 with the Merc and very happy with it.
Will be keeping her until i move house and then probably move onto a W213 in 2019.
Sounds so far away! but the way things are going now it'll fly by!

Oh to be young again lol.

Different era's, I have a Cosworth when I was 20, and I wouldn't give that up for anything lol.

Yeah the V8 is dying off sadly, but I will always own one while I am allowed to / can. I need a better paying job mind :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom