New E63s w213

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No comments

That front end is the business! Love the big intakes

What a machine !

Lovely! The first on the forum, I think?

Looks very fresh, I love the look of the W213.

Are all these new E63 4WD?

It should be around 25 cars delivered to customers
Doing first 1000 miles probably next week on santa pod then on silverstone.
Been in Brighton today average 20.9 mpg with all that traffic on m25

Some interior pictures would be nice

Will upload new nice pictures tomorrow.
I've got question do I need to run first 1000 miles carefully with max speed 85mph and max 4500 rpm I've got running instructions on my windscreen but just wondering if it's necessary.

i would..stick to the rev and speed limits but don't baby it too much. don't lug the engine at low revs but do start to progressively use more throttle as you get through the period.It sounds like you're planning to get the running in period done quickly, which means a lot of motorway miles presumably. Don't just sit there droneing alond at 85.. vary speed and load, use moderately heavy throttle applications now and then. Just cruising will mean the rings don't get enough pressure against the cylinder bores to break in the rings and the liners, or so the theory goes.

Of course, if it's on a lease then just rag it fron the off, but I know your plate and would rather not buy it from you :)

Will upload new nice pictures tomorrow.
I've got question do I need to run first 1000 miles carefully with max speed 85mph and max 4500 rpm I've got running instructions on my windscreen but just wondering if it's necessary.

Hi,
Congrats on your new car!
Running in - is certainly recommended - although I have never seen a real world comparison between two identical cars, where one was run in properly and the other one driven hard from new!
Also depends how long you intend to keep the car - if you only keep cars for as long as the manufacturers warranty - then who cares about running in?
Only other thing to consider is whether Mercedes have any hidden data logging within the engine or gearbox ECU that logs how car has been driven - I have heard about this with certain manufacturers and warranty refusals.
Cheers
Steve

congrats. very nice car and extremely fast.

It will do 11.3 1/4 Mile. Insane for a E-Class.

Lovely car Timur, wonder if it was this one?

The pics I have posted are of an E63S I had a good nosey around at a Super Car show last weekend. It was there with a few of other nice AMG's from MB Nottingham.

Jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom