New Email Phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If its for html/imap emails use only without a requirement for the back-end functionality of a BES, then it would be an E71 for me.

The symbian platform offers so many applications and tools without any of the proprietary lock-ins of the Blackberry or iPhone.

The iPhone is a really nice toy but the touch screen coupled with the short battery life rules it out for corporate email. Get an iPod touch instead for the fun stuff.

The Blackberry is a very good tool for enterprise email but as a phone its not so good and application wise it is very restrictive.

The E71 is a good mix of the two. Small and compact, good keyboard, legendary Nokia phone capabilities and reliability, a flexible browser and will run a myriad of apps including tom tom.

I have all three devices in use daily. :D

Agreed with Sp!ke...

E71 all the way. I use Seven Beta program for push email and it's free. It works using IMAP on my private and business email address.....and the E71 is just so easy to use.

Link - http://community.seven.com/main.php

Mark.

I have the BB Bold, my wife has the BB Storm. Both are great pieces of design and work very well. In the old days I'd agree Blackberries didn't make very good phones, but I'd say those days are over. I have no problem with mine and it connects to bluetooth headsets and whatnot with no bother whatsoever.

Whilst I'm IT savvy and don't mind a bit of configuring to get the best from something, my wife is the complete opposite, yet she took to her Storm with zeal, instantly becoming at ease with the touchscreen and writing emails and phoning people.

Friends have iPhones and love them, but I'd not change from my Blackberry.

Palm Treo Pro running windows mobile 6.1 linked to Microsoft exchange server 2003 or above providing push e mail very elegant solution and beats BB by miles

Been doing some research appears the Storm is nothing but trouble! so looked into the Bold and new Curve. Has anyone used the new curve? I currently have a old curve (Present company) and am happy with it. Would like a better screen and WIFI thou.

Having thought further into his seeing as I dont have server currently (Company setup is a 6mth project) I would be looking to set it up on BIS for now and upgrade to BES when the time comes.

Does anyone know if the Bold or curve is able to download the phonebook onto the Display in the CLC. I have the Bluetooth Cradle.

No love for the Samsung Omnia?
Probably the best touchscreen Windows Mobile smartphone out there right now.

/me huggles mine. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom