New engine required for 2006 clk 63 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dqh

Car
clk 55 amg
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that could supply or fit a new engine to the above. A valve has snapped, the bore looks like it is scored, the piston is damaged. My garage (AMG Cheshire), think it needs a new head as well, and think it might be unlikely that a 'dodge up job' will work for any period of time for various reasons. I am getting a quote to 'fix' it this way, but I bet it will cost around £4000. Therefore I have spoken to Global engines and they say they can fit an engine for £8,000. However, their reviews are mixed to say the least. Would be interested to know if anyone has any suggestions/contacts. Would be very much appreciated!!!

“Crewe Engines” maybe able to help.

Ivor searle, and Vege are another two.

Try Msl Performance in Birmingham.

I would enquire how much MSL Performance in Birmingham would charge to rebuild the engine assuming it needs cylinder head work too.
Naturally much would depend on whats found when its stripped down, but it may be a cheaper alternative to an unknown s/h engine.

Too much to rebuild. I am probably getting Prestige all parts (Oldham)to put an engine from a 2009 car with 36,000 on the clock. Cost £7,000. Anyone had any dealings with them? they seem to have a good reputation.

If your car has full MBSH, I would complain to AMG.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that could supply or fit a new engine to the above. A valve has snapped, the bore looks like it is scored, the piston is damaged. My garage (AMG Cheshire), think it needs a new head as well, and think it might be unlikely that a 'dodge up job' will work for any period of time for various reasons. I am getting a quote to 'fix' it this way, but I bet it will cost around £4000. Therefore I have spoken to Global engines and they say they can fit an engine for £8,000. However, their reviews are mixed to say the least. Would be interested to know if anyone has any suggestions/contacts. Would be very much appreciated!!!
Crewe Engines are the Mercedes approved supplier

Personally I think I’d cut my losses and sell the car.

If your car has full MBSH, I would complain to AMG.
Cannot see AMG doing much about a 14 year old vehicle even with fmbsh
Depending on the mileage and usage. In all the years I've dealt with AMG I've have never seen a valve drop. Maybe either Sell as what the condition is now or if the car means alot repair accordingly

Speak to AMG

Scrap its worth £1500. The car sells for between £15,000 and £23,000, so fixing it is a no brainer!

Scrap its worth £1500. The car sells for between £15,000 and £23,000, so fixing it is a no brainer!
Your cheapest way will be to find a crash damaged donor car with a good engine .

My car had 71000 on it. The engine I am getting is from a rear crash damaged clk 63 amg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom