New F1 Rules from 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geezer

Car
2008 Facelift R171 SLK 350 Auto.
Engines:

- From 2009, engine life to be doubled. Each driver to use maximum of eight engines per season; each team can use an additional four for testing
- Limited to 18,000 revs per minute.
- Cost to independent teams will be approximately 50% of 2008 prices.
- 2010 engine will continue to be used in 2011 and 2012.

Race weekend:

- From 2010, standardised radio and telemetry systems, a ban on tyre warmers, mechanical purging of tyres and refuelling on race weekends.
- Possible reduction in race distance or duration (proposal to follow after market research).

Research:

- From 2009, no wind tunnel exceeding 60% scale and 50 metres per second to be used after 1 January 2009.
- Restrictions on aerodynamic research, combined with a full analysis of factory facilities.
- Factory closures for six weeks per year, to accord with local laws.

Other:

- From 2010, subject to confirmation of practicability the same transmission will be used by all teams.
- FIA to compose a standard parts list for the chassis.
- FIA and Fota to study possibility of an entirely new power train (engine and transmission) for 2013, based on energy efficiency.

No refuelling?? :confused:

Pit stops or more importantly, strategy, are the more interesting aspects of Formula 1.

Materials technologies are such that traditional overtaking is a thing of the past.....

The way the sport is going is as arbitrary as making them all compete in 1970's Lola's (which frankly might be more entertaining).

Formula 1 has lost it's way...it's been meandering down the wrong road without a Sat Nav for some time...looks to me like they've given up on it...

If this is all about money, surely just limit the budget.....

You've all got $100 Million to put two cars on the grid with drivers.....do what want with that $100 Million, but it's all you've got.

Make Real Formula 1 a bit like fanatsy Formula 1....if you want pay Kimi "Mumble" Raikinniinnnoonnen 25 large, that's a quarter of your budget gone...

If this is all about money, surely just limit the budget.....

You've all got $100 Million to put two cars on the grid with drivers.....do what want with that $100 Million, but it's all you've got.

Make Real Formula 1 a bit like fanatsy Formula 1....if you want pay Kimi "Mumble" Raikinniinnnoonnen 25 large, that's a quarter of your budget gone...

All very well for independent teams, but what's to stop let's say FIAT researching high-speed aerodynamics "for their road cars" and passing on the information to an Italian-based team?
How would you prevent Mercedes testing new aero components "for the SLR replacement"?

If we want more overtaking, and I think we all do, then reduce the downforce, give them slicks and get rid of carbon brakes. In other words increase braking distances.

If we want more overtaking, and I think we all do, then reduce the downforce, give them slicks and get rid of carbon brakes. In other words increase braking distances.

2 out of the 3 are in for next year, and a back to back comparison test between Carbon and Stell brakes, by Williams for the FIA produced results that meant the distances are so close as to make very little difference. Stell performance fades during a race distance, and as all teams are in the same distance race, they all fade at the same rate. So non carbon brakes have not been reintroduced as a result of that test.

The teams came up with the OP, proposals, so at least Mad Max is not imposing un thought out rules for a change.

I have never liked refuelling. The race is one race broken into short sprints with refuelling. If the race is 305km, first one to the falg in a car that can do that wins is my philosophy. As we are going green, give them 120ltrs and say, see you at the flag. They will make the cars more economical and this will have a direct benefit to all of us.

Pit stops or more importantly, strategy, are the more interesting aspects of Formula 1.

I disagree.

It's just that the racing has become so boring the pit stops and strategy actually appear interesting.

So the red cars are Ferrari, the silver ones are Mercedes and the Yellow ones are Renault with a splash of blue.

If one car crashes you just remove the external panels and put them on another car from another team.

Pay the drivers 30K a year and 1 million pounds per point, then we would see overtaking :p

Dave!

Bah. Rules are bad. Unbreakable rules are worse. Changing rules should be against the rules.

I have never liked refuelling. The race is one race broken into short sprints with refuelling. If the race is 305km, first one to the falg in a car that can do that wins is my philosophy. As we are going green, give them 120ltrs and say, see you at the flag. They will make the cars more economical and this will have a direct benefit to all of us.

Yes, I say. And again, Yes. Refuelling is dangerous and makes teams think they can win without the trouble of overtaking on the track.

Yes, I say. And again, Yes. Refuelling is dangerous and makes teams think they can win without the trouble of overtaking on the track.

have that man shot for agreeing with me!:)

standardised radio

wow

Car_Radio_With_USB___CF_SD_MS_Card___CDC.jpg

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom