New Fast and the Furious movie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My first thought was "what kind of fool would actually pay to see this?" and my second thought was:

"oh yeah, me".

Leemc2008 said:
There is an RS200 in the trailor.. good reason to watch in the film!

There will be no good reason to watch the film. At all.

There will be no good reason to watch the film. At all.

What is the reason to watch any film? To escape from reality. The first film and following films are made for the 'petrol head' boy racer mentality viewer. OK they don't feature MBs in any shape or form, but they do feature high speed :rock: :rock: :rock:

What is the reason to watch any film? To escape from reality. The first film and following films are made for the 'petrol head' boy racer mentality viewer. OK they don't feature MBs in any shape or form, but they do feature high speed :rock: :rock: :rock:

but they don't feature plot, narrative, developed characters, cinematography, etc. ;)

I watch movies to try to make sense of reality.:)

Now Kung Fu Panda, there's a film ;)

Ade

NW_Merc said:
OK they don't feature MBs in any shape or form, but they do feature high speed :rock: :rock: :rock:

I couldn't give a tinker's cuss about the lack or otherwise of Mercedes. These films may be escapism, but they assume no intelligence whatsoever on the part of the viewer, and that's what I can't abide. :mad:

but they don't feature plot, narrative, developed characters, cinematography, etc. ;)

It's got developed characters which you saw in the first film....... come on now Vin Diesel is never going to be a Denzel Washington. It's a driving movie...:D

I watch movies to try to make sense of reality.:)
So films like the terminator? How does that factor into reality?

Now Kung Fu Panda, there's a film ;)

Bruce Lee would be proud :D

These films may be escapism, but they assume no intelligence whatsoever on the part of the viewer, and that's what I can't abide. :mad:

Oh come on now, you don't need intelligence to watch action films - I don't think you absolutely need intelligence to watch ANY film. Most action films have either violence or car chases, you don't watch them for the deep and meaningful message...... Take Arnie's films, they feed the audience for what they want.... ACTION.

Last edited:
NW_Merc said:
Oh come on now, you don't need intelligence to watch action films - I don't think you absolutely need intelligence to watch ANY film.

That's as maybe, but I'm afraid I have some, and so I am bound by the conditions it places upon me.

:)

PJ

So films like the terminator? How does that factor into reality?

Helps me question my relationship with technology....

fpf
goigoindfbzoj ]\pj

'dgnz'gn\f

**** my laptop appears to be developing consciousness..... oh n...................................................................................

:)

I couldn't give a tinker's cuss about the lack or otherwise of Mercedes. These films may be escapism, but they assume no intelligence whatsoever on the part of the viewer, and that's what I can't abide. :mad:

Films like this sometimes have unintended humour. My daughter sometimes recommends films I'd normally avoid like the plague, but turn out to be quite entertaining. Good thing, serendipity.

there was only one Winner.

The original Fast and the Furious made on a B movie budget was more successful than the other car movie of the time "Gone in Sixty Seconds" which despite the presence of Nicolas Cage ( does he ever play anything other than "tortured guy"? ) and a blond Angelina Jolie a glorious Ford Mustang and a budget the size of greater Los Angeles bombed at the box office. http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2544501017/ It simply didn't catch the Street Vibe and ultimately the sheer Style of the Fast and the Furious. http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2508980505/

I thought it was funny that almost the entire plot for "The Fast and The Furious" was stolen directly from "No Man's Land", from the 80s :) .

I'm not saying that "No Man's Land" was original, it's own plot comes from other sources.

NW_Merc said:
Which are?

I requirement that if I am to be entertained, then that entertainment should stimulate me.

A refusal to waste my time on a film (or book, or tv programme) which assumes I am stupid enough to blithely lap up any number of incongruities, impossibilities or inanities.

And above all, a determination that if I am twice bitten :)o ), then I'll definitely not go back for another go.

I requirement that if I am to be entertained, then that entertainment should stimulate me.

A refusal to waste my time on a film (or book, or tv programme) which assumes I am stupid enough to blithely lap up any number of incongruities, impossibilities or inanities.

And above all, a determination that if I am twice bitten :)o ), then I'll definitely not go back for another go.

We shall see :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom