New Forum Section: Electric Vehicles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Dear all,

With the rise of the EV, we have added a new section for discussing anything EV related, whether its Mercedes offerings or for other marques as well:

Ill try and move all the existing threads over into it. If you can please use this section when creating EV threads :)

Cheers!

Thank you good move we are planning to upgrade to the EV model soon

Don't dismiss Milk Floats, a great unique British Invention.
One of my first job as a snot nosed apprentice in the early 1960's was rebuilding lead acid batteries in a Gloucestershire truck shop for bloody milk floats.
Hordes of 'em.
The electrician in charge would, often submerge his hands and arms up to to his elbows in the acid tank/carbuoy , just to impress us apprentices. :eek:
Tuercas viejas .

Good idea,
does this include all milk floats?
Most of these milk floats will show a clean pair of heels to the bulk of Mercedes. Not pass 60/70 of course.

Most of these milk floats will show a clean pair of heels to the bulk of Mercedes. Not pass 60/70 of course.
I didn't want to be offensive to the Duracell bunnies, I actually meant milk float EV's.

For me I'm waiting for Ryobi to make a mo mo, I have a few of their batteries.

Dear all,

With the rise of the EV, we have added a new section for discussing anything EV related, whether its Mercedes offerings or for other marques as well:

Ill try and move all the existing threads over into it. If you can please use this section when creating EV threads :)

Cheers!

Mbclub moving with the times! :thumb:

Away from MB electric vehicles what other brands and models have you checked or driven?
Impressions???? If you have?
Cheers
Tuercas Viejas

We’ve got a BMW i3s, 94ah Rex; now three years old ultra reliable, a sorted BMS, and a hoot to drive. my wife loves the acceleration and manoeuvrability, as do I. The trick is to avoid becoming a mfr test pilot by not buying first edition EV; buy one 18 months after launch so all the firmware/software bugs are sorted. This is our second i3. We test drove one at launch and had a lucky escape not buying one as the initial models had some serious issues same as Audi/Merc are having now.
Love EV cars, but will miss the V8/V6 noises.
Aiming for a Macan EV in about two years, after the initial issues are sorted😉

Also got an i3 BEV, we bought it 3 years old, with just 12k miles and it’s the goto car for local errands and shopping. It does about 500 miles a month and costs me £8. It’s rear wheel drive and has the equivalence of 170hp. As connoisseur said - it’s a hoot to drive.

Both engines are charged, both are fun to drive…
E3542CFF-7DC4-43A4-82E4-87F5518B44F6.jpeg

Had this little rascal a month or so now: -

E-Golf under carport.jpg

It replaced a Lexus RX450h as I wanted a change after owning that for 3 years, though economical reasons also sprang to mind at the time. The Golf is free to tax and the only expense so far has been the charging point fitted on the wall, though I've no idea how much that was yet as the spark is waiting for the grant details at the moment, not that I'm in a hurry to pay him...

It's only been charged once so far by me, though I've not really done much distance in it as yet, and a 1 hour boost topped it up. These Golfs hve quite a limited range (130 - 150 miles) though this suits me as it's only going to be used as a shopping trolley, with the occasional slightly longer trips thrown in. One of the reasons I decided on the Golf is that it looks like a normal car, whereas a lot of BEV's look a bit "far out". It also drives like a Golf which is not a bad thing, I've always liked these cars and they were my preferred hire car when I used to work away a lot.

It's an interesting thing really as it gets totally blanked on the road, with only one or two discerning people recognising it mainly due to it's wheels and the blue stripe across the front. Other than that it's just a Golf.

I wouldn't feel confident to do a coast to coast trip in it as yet though for pootling about locally in it's brilliant. Having said that, I still have the Mercedes for the longer runs...

Had this little rascal a month or so now: -

View attachment 114770

It replaced a Lexus RX450h as I wanted a change after owning that for 3 years, though economical reasons also sprang to mind at the time. The Golf is free to tax and the only expense so far has been the charging point fitted on the wall, though I've no idea how much that was yet as the spark is waiting for the grant details at the moment, not that I'm in a hurry to pay him...

It's only been charged once so far by me, though I've not really done much distance in it as yet, and a 1 hour boost topped it up. These Golfs hve quite a limited range (130 - 150 miles) though this suits me as it's only going to be used as a shopping trolley, with the occasional slightly longer trips thrown in. One of the reasons I decided on the Golf is that it looks like a normal car, whereas a lot of BEV's look a bit "far out". It also drives like a Golf which is not a bad thing, I've always liked these cars and they were my preferred hire car when I used to work away a lot.

It's an interesting thing really as it gets totally blanked on the road, with only one or two discerning people recognising it mainly due to it's wheels and the blue stripe across the front. Other than that it's just a Golf.

I wouldn't feel confident to do a coast to coast trip in it as yet though for pootling about locally in it's brilliant. Having said that, I still have the Mercedes for the longer runs...
I like these cars that don't shout "EV" via their appearance. :cool: Sadly VAG appeaar to be about to kill off their e versions of the UP with only the VW version left -the Skoda and Seat versions already axed. Be prepared to take a range hit with your Golf E come the colder weather as they seem to be more temperature sensitive than many other EV models :(

Again "range anxiety" is the big issue.
I would be interested to see how you get on in very hot or cold climatic conditions which seriously affects SOC . (How it does in 30+ Celsius & below zero experiences)
So far I have checked out & driven the Hyundai Ionic Electric 3, the Ford Mustang MACH E, the VW (as you have) and of course the previous long term "frown" the Leaf. ("flaky experience)
Tuercas Viejas

Again "range anxiety" is the big issue.
I would be interested to see how you get on in very hot or cold climatic conditions which seriously affects SOC . (How it does in 30+ Celsius & below zero experiences)
So far I have checked out & driven the Hyundai Ionic Electric 3, the Ford Mustang MACH E, the VW (as you have) and of course the previous long term "frown" the Leaf. ("flaky experience)
Tuercas Viejas
Problem with the Nissan LEAF is its lack of battery cooling control particularly in hot climates

Problem with the Nissan LEAF is its lack of battery cooling control particularly in hot climates
Yes tell me about it!
And in sub zero temps it didn't /doesn't do too well either!--Then there's saga of getting a replacement traction battery as second or third owner of a 2011/ 2012 Leaf! 👿 :eek:
Yes that press narrative you posted above, just about sums it up!
Tuercas viejas

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom