New G-class interior revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find it a bit dull, all a bit 1950s but updated.... maybe that's ok in a truck :D

They raided the parts bin and cobbled it together...

They have made many other changes under the "skin " - which is now aluminium by the way [ shades of the original land rover], new engine range, new front suspension, new steering etc etc How this will sit with its "simple but strong " engineering image remains to be seen ? Or will they gentrify it to the extent it becomes merely another symbolic off roader and woe betide anyone taking it any distance off the paved highway.
2018 Mercedes-Benz G-Class: all-new interior design leaked online | Autocar

Jeez does anyone on this forum ever like what MB produce? I think it looks like a great update.

Most definitely, just not the current crop of interiors. Too bling IMO

Jeez does anyone on this forum ever like what MB produce? I think it looks like a great update.

Love the seats (but not the colour) and the whole thing looks class in my opinion - apart from those vents, but may look different once they are below you when seated.

I think those 3 switches between the vents could be a little bigger!

Curious thing the G Wagon, a military vehicle that the military didn't want ! A sort of German Chelsey tractor.

Curious thing the G Wagon, a military vehicle that the military didn't want ! A sort of German Chelsey tractor.

Erm, how about the Australian army, German Armed Forces, Canadian Army and also the US Marine Corps. More in use for militaries than ever before.

I like it too, and like several others have said I think the air vents look a little out of place.

Last week I was in a hotel and late in the evening before driving home I was checking messages on my phone, and a very young lad stopped and asked if I worked for AMG as I was wearing an AMG jacket. He carried on his way, and I followed a minute later.

On the car park I heard an almighty roar which could only be a tuned M157, and he pulled away in what looked like a Brabus tuned G63 AMG, quite possibly an 850. It sounded glorious as I heard it rumble away, and then roar as he gave it a little more beans out of the junction.

Just realised i didn't post up whats it was! Its a brabus tuned 6.9 litre biturbo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom