New generation diesels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
Has anyone heard of some be fandangled diesels coming next year ? With the new C class not getting the 350 V6 there's talk of a new straight 6 - or am I mistaken ??

Stuart

I've heard about a V8 diesel due in 2015, allegedly.

An I6 diesel would be coming at some point. Would be quite odd if they would bring a V8, where from was that rumour?

Straight six petrols are coming.

new engines always give problems, being an early adaptor brings grief as bugs are ironed out through the engines development life and in my view its a good time to buy one of the last v6 diesel mercedes as that engine will have had any teething bugs ironed out.i am looking at phaetons as an alternative to the lwb s class i want. earlier cars seem nightmares but the newer ones seem ok

An I6 diesel would be coming at some point. Would be quite odd if they would bring a V8, where from was that rumour?

It come from the Commercial side. It is being lined up for the new Vito (and others) allegedly as replacement for the V6. I have no confirmation and am only repeating what two different techs have told me……one of them has a Vito V6 and is drooling at the prospect of a V8 though! Time will tell.

would a straight six fit in a van. i have happy memories of a petrol bm but it was a long engine, how would that fit in a van, a v6 is much more compact

I don't think an I6 would fit. A V8 certainly would, as Brabus have already done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom