New guy seeking help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrise220

Car
2011 e class coupe
Hi Guys.
Iv only just joined this site, and would appreciate your help, so here goes.
I have a 2011 E Class Coupe E220. I have had it just coming up to a year, and this is my first Mercedes (and I love it). But a problem is just starting but it is not constant.
The car has done just over 82,000, when the engine is at operating temperature, if I am driving through town eg stopping, pulling away. There is a juddering coming from the underneath, my garage has told me it is the flywheel showing very early signs of wearing and I have no reason to doubt him. Can anyone tell me if this mileage is rather low for this to be happening.
I have warranty on the car but I have a feeling they will class it as wear and tear and not want to play ball. My warranty is up in around a month but I have found another one that does cover for wear and tear and am thinking of taking it out as I believe it is going to be an expensive job.

Any help or guidance will be very appreciated.
Many Thanks
Chris.

Hi welcome to the forum, I take it this is manual?

Hi and welcome too,that sounds like a very odd diagnoses,I would like to know
where he thinks it's worn.

If its a dmf (duel mass flywheel) then it is a wearing part and they can fail anything around the 70,000 mark from experiance. They have really come down in price now tho especially if buying from a motor factors ie euro carparts. The luk kit is very good for the money. Fitting on a ramp is pretty straight forward but expect a days labour at the most. I did a 520d bmw for a friend a few weeks ago and started at 8 finished by 1 and there wont be much differnce between the two cars.

Hi
Yes its a 6 speed manual

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom