new ignition key?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Gaskin

Car
CLS cgi
I bought my car with only one key. Where is the best place to get another key? It's not a conventional one it's coded. Also I don't have a glove box key.

I think it`s only a dealer job and I think the glovebox key is in your key,you`ll just have to pull it out.

I think it`s only a dealer job and I think the glovebox key is in your key,you`ll just have to pull it out.

Found it! Lol

Please be patient with me I've only had Vauxhall cars before owning a 'proper car'.

Main dealer for a spare/second key is the better option, even though there maybe a couple of slightly cheaper alternatives mentioned in the forums here, but for peace of mind a genuine MB key is what I went for.
DO NOT buy from ebay thinking you can get one reprogrammed.

Are you sitting down?....................

£227 all inclusive of VAT and includes new metal blade key. You will need the V5, proof of identity (passport/driving licence) and a recent utility bill. Takes about 5 working days to arrive pre-programmed at the dealers.

Main dealer for a spare/second key is the better option, even though there maybe a couple of slightly cheaper alternatives mentioned in the forums here, but for peace of mind a genuine MB key is what I went for.
DO NOT buy from ebay thinking you can get one reprogrammed.

Are you sitting down?....................

£227 all inclusive of VAT and includes new metal blade key. You will need the V5, proof of identity (passport/driving licence) and a recent utility bill. Takes about 5 working days to arrive pre-programmed at the dealers.

Ouch!

However if your car has keyless entry / go, it will have to go in to be coded and costs a little more..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom