New Instrument Cluster mph to km

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EdgarEvans

Car
Mercedes e220d w213
Hi

I have to replace a faulty instrument cluster in my W213 E Class. Does anyone know 100% for sure if the new one can be in km instead of mph as the car was imported from the UK to Ireland.
Thanks in advance!

Hi

Have you brought the cluster yet ? If not can you not buy one from the dealer but ask them to order one in kph and not mph ?

Regards

Hi

Have you brought the cluster yet ? If not can you not buy one from the dealer but ask them to order one in kph and not mph ?

Regards
That's why I asked. The dealer is not sure and wants time to ask Germany. It's nearly a 2k repair so I want km at least here in Ireland. Thanks fo the reply.

Whats the issue with the current cluster ?
Diagnosed as a completely failure by main dealer. I've no center screen, fuel level, engine temp, led back lights on anything etc. I got it independently checked too. I've tried getting Mercedes to help but they don't want to know.

Diagnosed as a completely failure by main dealer. I've no center screen, fuel level, engine temp, led back lights on anything etc. I got it independently checked too. I've tried getting Mercedes to help but they don't want to know.
How old is the car ? The dealer has the use of a goodwill budget or even an esculab enquiry to mb to ask for any contribution. Have you approached them regarding this ??

How old is the car ? The dealer has the use of a goodwill budget or even an esculab enquiry to mb to ask for any contribution. Have you approached them regarding this ??
It's only 4yrs old with 50k on the "broken" clock. The dealer tried all that with Mercedes. They just kept quoting the warranty term. I called Irish customer services and said if I bought a Kia at half the cost the 7yr warranty would cover it they said "buy a Kia next time". Nice!

Which part of Ireland are you ? Are you part of the UK? Only thing I can think of as to why they won't offer any contribution is that if you are classed as part of Europe then I'm pretty sure the vehicle only comes with a 2 year warranty the 3rd is honoured by mbuk

Which part of Ireland are you ? Are you part of the UK? Only thing I can think of as to why they won't offer any contribution is that if you are classed as part of Europe then I'm pretty sure the vehicle only comes with a 2 year warranty the 3rd is honoured by mbuk
Yep dead right but the Irish main dealer has honoured the 3yr warranty as it was registered in the UK first. Personally I think its just very very poor customer services in Ireland.

That's why I asked. The dealer is not sure and wants time to ask Germany. It's nearly a 2k repair so I want km at least here in Ireland. Thanks fo the reply.
I'd give the dealer the time he needs to check.
My thought though is that the car is a UK spec car and as such the cluster would have to be able to display both km and miles

Its possible to change, but not just a change of the cluster. Contact [email protected] or [email protected] and we'll quote you for sorting it - done quite a few MPG/KMH swop-overs.

Cheers
Richard

Must be possible via Vediamo/DTS Monaco too if one does not care about the VeDoc mismatch (assuming an experienced expert on the topic)?

Must be possible via Vediamo/DTS Monaco too if one does not care about the VeDoc mismatch (assuming an experienced expert on the topic)?
Correct on using Vediamo or DTS Monaco to do that.
If its the full LCD one, than its easy.
If the OP comes to London, I can sort it for double expresso tokens...

Edit: Never mind ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom