New insurance friendly toy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilly

Well seeing as anything with any form of go is out of the question on the car front with insurers not liking my age I've been looking elsewhere, and thats when I invested in a new toy...

The pics are a bit bad but its one of those days! I'm in a rush so didnt have time to drag it out of the garage and as you can see its a little full with other bikes and sh*t piled up all over so not easy to get pics!

It's slightly quicker than my push bike :p and oh yeah... it'll happily out-drag my car :D

100_2127.jpg

100_2128.jpg

100_2129.jpg

It's an '05 honda CRF250R basically standard bar k-tec fork and shock internals, a launch control and the david bailey replica plastics which makes it look a bit different from your average CRF for the time being with orange platics rather than red but the good thing is... I have no overpriced insurance holding me back on modifications, it's all covered by our garage insurance and so give it a little while and it'll look a damn site different :cool:

Looks like a absolute scream to ride. :)

If its any consolation, I often insure my bikes as Custom Bikes.... That way, I can do any modifications I like without effecting my insurance.

Premiums are a little bit higher for a custom bike - like £50 per year but thats it.

My current bike's mods are so extensive theres little left of the original bike. No problems with the insuarance at all.

Last edited:
only recently sold my CR500 :( to fund the road bikes this year... wish I could afford both...
that looks mighty good fun though

lol sean, my thoughts exactly! Give it a week or two and it'll be transformed :) black plastics all round and different graphics to stand out from the crowd while retaining a subtle look because hey... bright orange and blue is about as subtle as you can get isnt it :p

jay73 said:
only recently sold my CR500 :( to fund the road bikes this year... wish I could afford both...
that looks mighty good fun though

A CR500 :eek: or did you mean a CRF500?

If you meant CR500. Ouch! I bet thats a toy and a half. I'd put myself on my **** on a 250 2 stroke never mind a 500!

No I really meant CR500 !!!

Road legal supermoto too !!!!!!! The ultimate hooligan / wheelie machine...

I built it from scratch with a CR Hybrid frame with MTX subframe (retaining the MTX reg) wink

Akront moto rims / fzr400sp front brake etc...

most fun you can ever have with trousers on believe me ! infact I got a pic somewhere i'll try a scan and upload

oh yeh !!!!

cr500small.jpg

awesome :D suicide on wheels, I love it! Bet you p*ssed a few road bikes off with that one ;)

sure did...
wheelies off the throttle in every gear and a powerband that tried to rip your arms off...

pulling off sensibly used to go something like...
engage 1st...slip clutch pulling off..
engage 2nd...slip clutch again
engage 3rd... open throttle... wheelie
engage 4th...open throttle... wheelie
engage 5th...open throttle... wheelie

any amount of throttle without slipping the clutch was just asking to die... any amount of throttle without leaning over the front was also asking to die..

I miss the lightswitch type powerband that you only get with a stroker, I sold it to buy a TLR1000 sold that for a fireblade sold that for a RVF400 and sold that for a GSXR750 (which I still got)
I got to get me another one big bore crosser though purely for sub 100mph fun... Sports bikes just don't come close for the grin factor

Sp!ke said:
Looks like a absolute scream to ride. :)

If its any consolation, I often insure my bikes as Custom Bikes.... That way, I can do any modifications I like without effecting my insurance.

Premiums are a little bit higher for a custom bike - like £50 per year but thats it.

My current bike's mods are so extensive theres little left of the original bike. No problems with the insuarance at all.

Hmm, that could be an interesting one to bear in mind...I've got my mother's old Harley sat in the garage, which I shall be doing a little work to next year (Hayabusa front end, JMC swingarm, Dymags and some flat bars :D ) to get it closer to the sort of thing I ride...

Then a bit of engine work, and I can go everywhere sideways :rock:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom