new iPhone keeps dropping bluetooth connection +

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

Something real weird has started to happen with my car/phone.

Everything was fine with my previous iPhone (XSMax),

Now switched to iPhone pro and all was OK until a recent upgrade.

Now a range of really weird shite is going on.

The BT connection drops every minute of conversation. End up having to talk through the phone speaker (if passenger can set it obvs).

In addition when I use linguatronic to call a number, it will say, not recognised even though the contact is there on the phone.

This is absolutely ruining my driving experience.

Muchos gracias for any assistance

Is the Bluetooth on your new phone a different (newer) version and do Mercedes lag behind with updating software like Land Rover used to?
Can you try an older phone to see if it still drops out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might help if you mention the year and model of your car?

Now switched to iPhone pro and all was OK until a recent upgrade.

Now a range of really weird shite is going on.

The BT connection drops every minute of conversation.
Most likely it is Apple screwing up Bluetooth, yet again :mad:.

A cursory web search suggests that iOS 13.x has broken Bluetooth connectivity with lots of cars, so you're probably stuck with your problems until Apple actually fix it.

Nightmare.

hope they fix it.

the point about talking and driving is well made. My problem is the work I do is critical and missing a call can sometimes cause major issues. I only answer handsfree. Usually while ambling on a quiet motorway.

Apple have never been good with Bluetooth because they have Airplay so put zero effort in to make it function properly

Apple have never been good with Bluetooth because they have Airplay so put zero effort in to make it function properly
Apple's less-than-stellar history with Bluetooth long pre-dates Airplay, I'm afraid. Ironically, prior to iOS13.x their history of screwing up Bluetooth at every OS version upgrade had actually improved since Airplay was introduced.

update:

To exclude iPhone issue I went to apple store and they replaced the handset. This is the latest iPhone 11ProMAx

Then to exclude the SIM and (the actual card was almost 10y old, I had the SIM swapped to a new one.

Problem keeps happening.

`Would it be fair to say there must be a problem with the car's COMAND software or the bluetooth module?

Cheers

update:

To exclude iPhone issue I went to apple store and they replaced the handset. This is the latest iPhone 11ProMAx

Then to exclude the SIM and (the actual card was almost 10y old, I had the SIM swapped to a new one.

Problem keeps happening.

`Would it be fair to say there must be a problem with the car's COMAND software or the bluetooth module?

Cheers
Simple to test - try a different phone ideally android. If that works then it is likely still Apple

OK, update after 1 year

Problem
1. intermittent bluetooth
2. iPhone not working as a media device. Kept getting stuck on "activating device"

Steps to resolve

1. Tried all family phones; multiple gen iPhones and android. None activating as media devices. Led me to feel it was a car problem.
2. Before 1. I thought it was the phone. Apple replaces the handset with a new one. Mobile operator swapped SIM for a brand new one.
3. Problem persisted : led me to believe car was the issue. Booked into MB, they check it out and said all OK
4. 6 months later in desperation booked it into another MB dealer. They updated COMAND and maps etc.
5. After second trip to MB something changed. other family phones started to work but not my iPhone. NOW I started the believe it was my phone afterall
6. I backed up the iPhone, factory reset it, installed Spotify and started working normally. FANTASTIC. Restored the backup.

NOW, all seems to be working and no more poor audio quality from BTaudio.

It's taken over 1 year to sort this.

SO my message is consider backing up the phone, resetting to factory and see if this resolves the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom