New iPhones...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even thou I am very much in to computers (building, repairing etc) and also a bit of a tech geek somehow smart phones just don't do it for me. I hold poker nights monthly and without fail the conversation always turns to phones with lots of comparing going on, some of the prices are eye watering but each to there own I guess.

Been using it all day, I love it.

The size is not too big at all, the body is actually slightly smaller than my iPhone 7 Plus was, just the screen fills the whole body. :)

Although it shares the same PPI as the X, the bigger screen looks AMAZING... and the camera is superb too.

X has been passed on to a family member :) everyone is happy!

W
Been using it all day, I love it.

The size is not too big at all, the body is actually slightly smaller than my iPhone 7 Plus was, just the screen fills the whole body. :)

Although it shares the same PPI as the X, the bigger screen looks AMAZING... and the camera is superb too.

X has been passed on to a family member :) everyone is happy!
What are they charging per month?
I’m on EE.

I'm on EE too.

I've no desire to upgrade my iPhone X because to be honest I've still delirious with it.

I'm a bit naffed that I do want the series 4 watch, I've a series 3 with GPS, cellular, etc.

I upgraded my old 7 to a new X 256GB on o2 refresh.

With refresh you can pay off the device straight away. So phone arrived and paid off before I opened it - zero contract, worked out at £783.99. I think they were £1149 just a couple of months ago?

Put it on SIM only tariff, 15GB data (plenty for my needs) unlimited minutes/texts etc - £18/month for 12 months.

Some handy perks on o2 priority too and am happy with 4G coverage/signal in general for the areas I use.

Used to upgrade to most of the new releases on/around the release date but these days I’m happy to be 12 months behind the latest model, the X does everything I need and more :cool:

Just need to decide what to do with my ever growing collection of old phones!

I came to the smartphone game quite late and went from a 5S to an SE, which I still have and it does everything I need. I'm annoyed Apple have given up on the small screen format, I might buy a spare for when this one dies. They're not expensive.

Cheers,

Gaz

I came to the smartphone game quite late and went from a 5S to an SE, which I still have and it does everything I need. I'm annoyed Apple have given up on the small screen format, I might buy a spare for when this one dies. They're not expensive.

It's odd because with the phones and the tablets they were reluctant initially to be pushed to alternative (larger or smaller) screen sizes.

I know of quite a few people, like yourself, sticking with the SE because they like the format - and they also feel robust.

I remember going from the 4 to a 5 and taking a while to get used to the screen size etc, again the format to the 6/6S - away from the chunky style of the older models and a larger screen again.

Funny thing is once you’ve made the change you probably wouldn’t want to go back. Eg it’s taking me a little getting used to having lost the home button on the X but I’m sure in a couple of weeks I’ll have adjusted.

Use a 6 or newer for a few weeks and you’ll be squinting at the screen and they look tiny.

Same with loads of things, remember when a 32” TV was considered large? Or look at cars etc! :)

I remember going from the 4 to a 5 and taking a while to get used to the screen size etc, again the format to the 6/6S - away from the chunky style of the older models and a larger screen again.

Funny thing is once you’ve made the change you probably wouldn’t want to go back. Eg it’s taking me a little getting used to having lost the home button on the X but I’m sure in a couple of weeks I’ll have adjusted.

Use a 6 or newer for a few weeks and you’ll be squinting at the screen and they look tiny.

Same with loads of things, remember when a 32” TV was considered large? Or look at cars etc! :)
I agree. I like a smaller handset so it fits in my pocket, and so I whinge as each generation has grown in size. However I find it very difficult to go back. I regularly use a 3GS, 4S and 5S for various specific tasks, but I couldn’t actually use one as my everyday everything phone now I’m used to bigger screens.

I....Funny thing is once you’ve made the change you probably wouldn’t want to go back. Eg it’s taking me a little getting used to having lost the home button on the X but I’m sure in a couple of weeks I’ll have adjusted.....

I must admit I’m much preferring the XS. The face recognition just seems natural. I hardly have to make a point of actually looking at the phone to unlock it and I prefer the swipe up rather than having a home button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just changed from a 6S to the X and it’s a really worthwhile change.

I agree totally about Face ID and losing the home button makes sense once you get used to the corner swipes

I just bought a new 4K telly as a matter of fact, a whopping 40 incher. I drive a Mini. My wife's 4 foot 11. Hmm, this is all pointing the same way....!

Cheers,

Gaz

Hi

Is anyone having 4G problems with an XS? I have an XS Max and the phone often drops into 3G and I have had many dropped calls recently.

Regards

Tan

Hi

Is anyone having 4G problems with an XS? I have an XS Max and the phone often drops into 3G and I have had many dropped calls recently.

Regards

Tan

Not me, what network are you on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom