New joiner checking in and looking for a 507 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yex

SUPPORTER
Car
Hell Green AMG GTR, Range Rover Evoque P250 MHEV
Hello All,

New joiner to the site as of today as I am looking for a 507 Coupe. I have viewings on two black cars in Kent on Saturday morning and a Magno Platinum Matt one also in Kent afterwards. I also have Grant Kirby searching for one for me so hopefully I should be able to take ownership very soon.

However, if anyone here knows of a car for sale I should consider please let me know. Only stipulation is low mileage (max 20-25K and preferably lower) and not Fire Opal Red as I have read all the horror stories about that particular paint option and will not be buying a car in that colour. Price wise I'm comfortable to £40K and will stretch if the right car comes available.

Any pointers on what to have as options and what to look for would be very welcome as I know the engines are almost bullet proof but I don't know too much about suspension, gearbox, electricals etc.

I look forward to joining in the forums (I've been on PH for bloody years) and getting involved in meets etc. as and when I can.

Regards

Yex

Hi Yex

Quite a few facts & figures here

C63 507 Model Register

I've got data on 160 cars now so really must get round to updating the charts.

Interesting why you're stipulating below 20 - 25k miles as I'd have thought condition and service history would be more important. I'd much rather have a well looked after car with slightly higher mileage than a low mileage one that had been washed with a gritty sponge and poorly refurbished alloys.

All the 507s are well specced as standard. You'll have to decide what's important to you regarding options. DAB is standard on the coupé and most have privacy glass. The standard grey/silver 19" wheels are easier to refurbish than the 19" black ones if you're unfortunate enough to damage one. Most Cars seem to have Harmon Kardon Audio but the speakers are still fairly average so wouldn't worry if you don't have that. If the car doesn't have a Limited Slip Diff then one can be retrofitted fairly easily.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Phil

Hello Phil,

I hoped you would spot the thread :)

A friend of mine had a C63 Black and sent me links to the threads you have published on the 507 cars. I have to say they are an excellent read and have proved very valuable in the short time I have been looking. You are perfectly correct about the need for condition and service history to be exemplary (I have a Chimaera 450 that ticks those boxes so should have remembered :rolleyes: ) and that is something I have focused on. Of the 3 cars I am seeing Saturday my current favourite is the Magno Platinum Car so if you have any details on your database of KX63HHG I will buy you a beer when our paths cross in the future.

Regards

Yex

Of the 3 cars I am seeing Saturday my current favourite is the Magno Platinum Car so if you have any details on your database of KX63HHG

It certainly has one of the best options lists I've seen on a 507 and meets your requirement for low mileage @ 24,000 miles and only 2 previous owners. It has the black leather/alcantara seats and other options include:
793 - 19" black wheels
H73 - Interior carbon
492 - AMG Performance Suspension
840 - Privacy Glass
218 - Reversing Camera
876 - Interior lighting pack
23P - Driving Assistance Package
293 - Rear Side airbags
875 - Heated screen wash jets
889 - Keyless go
537 - DAB Radio
810 - Harmon Kardon Audio

From the photos/video it looks to be in good condition with newish front discs and no evidence of wheels being curbed.

It has been de-badged and the window surrounds de-chromed

I'd also be interested as to how you find the AMG performance suspension compared to a car without it. I understand the ride is stiffer but to what extent?

Good luck with your search and let me know how you get on.

Phil

Hello Phil,

Many thanks for the details above, a great help. I had noticed the badges missing from the back and will have these put back on if I buy the car. It has been fully covered with a paint protection film so am guessing they were removed to do that and then never put back on. I hadn't noticed the lack of chrome round the windows but actually like the windows as they are with this particular colour paint. The front pads and discs have been replaced a little while ago so that is a bill I won't have to worry about for a while at least :thumb:

My TVR has adjustable suspension that I have had set up in "fast road spec" and is a firm ride so the AMG suspension has to be an improvement on that :)

I'll keep you in the loop and hopefully be able to add a car to your list with a forum member owner in the near future.

Yex

All the badges and the side decals would have had to be removed to do a full PPF wrap and then replaced. Quite a big job.

I spoke to the dealer again today and the car has been fully covered by Topaz Detailing in their protection skin. Having looked at their website that is a scary cost to put on top of what was not a cheap car in the first place.

Now test driving the car tomorrow at 9am :D

Enjoy the test drive

Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yex
OK, gave the car a good look over and enjoyed an extended test drive in glorious sunshine. It has a few very minor blemishes under the paint protection film on the bonnet and front bumper I can easily live with given the car is nearly 5 years old. So, I paid a deposit and expect to take delivery of the car later next week once my funds have cleared to pay the dealer :D

I have to say the colour in sunlight is incredible and the pictures don't do the car justice in my mind, it is very different and a perfect colour in my eyes.

Many thanks to Phil for his input and I look forward to meeting some more AMG owners at a meeting in the near future

Yex

OK, gave the car a good look over and enjoyed an extended test drive in glorious sunshine. It has a few very minor blemishes under the paint protection film on the bonnet and front bumper I can easily live with given the car is nearly 5 years old. So, I paid a deposit and expect to take delivery of the car later next week once my funds have cleared to pay the dealer :D

I have to say the colour in sunlight is incredible and the pictures don't do the car justice in my mind, it is very different and a perfect colour in my eyes.

Many thanks to Phil for his input and I look forward to meeting some more AMG owners at a meeting in the near future

Yex
Glad it worked out. Let me know when you pick it up. I think this was the most expensively specced 507 I've seen so you've got a good deal there.

Thanks Yex, I like that car at Grants just would rather have a few more options..!

I like red the most but would be worried about the issues it comes with! All I know is I don’t particularly want another black one!

Thanks Yex, I like that car at Grants just would rather have a few more options..!

I like red the most but would be worried about the issues it comes with! All I know is I don’t particularly want another black one!

Grant is a good guy and should be able to source one for you although that may take some time.

The "Fire Opal Red issue" is a well known problem on here and I was fortunate enough to be advised about it when I saw a lovely red car for sale during my search. However, at the AMG Private Lounge meet at Mallory Park last year one owner with a Fire Opal red car had got MB to take the car back in and completely respray it for him as it was still well within the 10 year paint warranty period. If you like the red car it may be worth talking to a couple of MB dealerships to see if they would be prepared to take the car in under the paint warranty if you presented it to make a claim as the owner.

Keep looking as the right car for you will pop up eventually, I was just exceptionally that my one did at the right time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom