New Keyfob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mayoga

Car
CLK 320 & Elise LB RT
Hi

I bought an ex-demo W208 last year and the dealer had lost the second key fob. I've been waiting 4 months for the replacement but every time I call the dealer he says the fob is still on order. It sounds like they are trying to "fob" my off?

How long does it take to order a new one?

Cheers

Gavin.

Certainly not 4 months, I would have some stern words with the manager of the dealership, and tell him if you're NOT satisfied with his answers then you will be taking the matter up with HQ in Milton Keynes. From reading other threads the process should be no more than a couple of weeks imho.

S.

I got a new keyfob in about 2 days, the blade part of the key took about a week though.

mayoga said:
Hi

I bought an ex-demo W208 last year and the dealer had lost the second key fob. I've been waiting 4 months for the replacement but every time I call the dealer he says the fob is still on order. It sounds like they are trying to "fob" my off?

How long does it take to order a new one?

Cheers

Gavin.

I would say with thse sort of things 7-10 working days MAXIMUM.
They are giving you the runaround! :devil:

NormanB

Mine took 2 days to make 2

3 days for mine fob+key cut to match.Im sure it had to be ordered from Germany as well.So 4 months is taking the p**s.

Cheers everyone. I pretty much guessed that a maximum of two weeks would be about right!

I'll visit the dealer tomorrow and demand one within 5 days....

Gav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom