New language

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
Thinking of improving my very basic Spanish (can say hello, goodbye, order drinks, thank you please etc) can anyone recommend one of the app based language courses, babbel, duolingo, Rosetta Stone etc?

My wife did the Duolingo German and Italian courses last year and thought both were quite good, albeit some of the phrases taught can be a bit odd.

I’ve been to Spain quite a lot.

Just raise your voice and shout - apparently it’s the way a lot of people I’ve seen must have been taught.

I used "Espana Viva" which was a BBC course (printed_ and found it quite good... not sure if it's still available as it was quite a few years ago, or if it indeed even made the transition to app based from print based.

The one issue I faced was after learning and then going to Costa Brava - I had learnt Castillian Spanish and did not realise that they speak Catalan... akin to a Spaniard learning English before a holiday in Wales.

Michel Thomas books / audio CD's are one of the easiest way to learn a language.

Michel Thomas had an "interesting" part in WW2

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom